Sign in to follow this  
Guest pegasus53

Novice ASX and X Graphics query

Guest pegasus53

Hello!! I am new to the forum and also to FSX and X graphics/ASX.I have a couple of very basic questions I hope someone may be able to help me with. I have installed FSX X Graphics and ASX and the service packs succesfully and each individual package seems to be working ok on its own but: 1} How is it possible to have all the Free Flight options available in FSX that may contradict with the loaded Themes form X Graphics? (For example select winter runway in a Theme and then select summer in the Free Flight options, or change the weather settings that will conflict with real time weather in ASX and also set a flight plan in both FSX and ASX. I am sure I am doing something fundamentally wrong or do not understand the principle of how the products work. I have been unable to see any changes in FSX after succesfully installing a theme prior to running FSX as instructed. 2} ASX works ok using the shift 5 keys but what should the weather options in FSX be set at to avert conflict with ASX ?

Hi,Thanks for the purchase and welcome!1. You don't set any weather options in FSX. The weather will be set to User Defined and you don't need to visit the weather screens again. For proper weather textures you can manually chose them in X Graphics or you can process a flightplan in ASX and when asked if you want to install weather influenced textures you can answer OK.2. The shift 5 keys activates X Gauge. Weather options in FSX: user defined, detailed clouds chosen, and coverage maximum. That's it!Please let us know if you need more help.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest pegasus53

Hi JimThanks for your quick response with answers to my questions, I am a bit clearer now as to how the programs interact with each other. I have tried your recommendations and am using ASX with X graphics when selecting a flight plan in ASX and enjoying the results!. I do have another query though.In X Graphics and selecting a theme there are several thumbnails displayed for each category such as clouds or airports. Are these distributed randomly in FSX? I ask because when I select a theme or thumbnails and then go directly into FSX I cannot see the evidence of the installed theme. Is there a quick way to check a theme has been implimented?Thanks for your interest, regards Norm

Hi,The whole chosen theme is installed into FSX. Also remember that you don't need to chose a theme and then also process a flightplan and chose textures that way also. Just use one method or the other: manually chose a theme or let ASX chose the textures.Remember that your FSX is not going to exactly look like the thumbnails because weather conditions are going to be different. To know for sure you check the modified date of the texture files in FSX, but I don't thing this is even necessary. If you are not getting any error messages, it is a great chance that your textures are being installed.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest pegasus53

Ok thats great Jim, thanks for the pointers and clarification its good to understand how it works.Best RegardsNorm