Hi,I recently had to uninstall flight sim x (had problem activating acceleration) after re-installing flight sim, when i run active sky i get message that sim connect cannot be found.Robin.Ps I am running windows XP.

Robin

I did reinstall sp1, then i tried running ASX. got the same message. I then installed the expansion pack with the hope that it would fix things. It did not, so now i have FSX installed with FSX sp1 and expansion pack,and ASX installed with SP1. Still have the the same problem.I also had a similar problem with FSUIPC4. following advise from Peters support forum, i deleted a file in my windows directory and did a repair using FSX discs. That took care of the problem with FSUIPC, but I had to uninstall and reinstall the expansion pack to do all that. Hoping to avoid all that to get this fixed. Besides, I would not know what sim connect file in my windows .dir relates to ASX. ThanksRobin.

Robin

I am also having this issue. I updated SP1 and still no luck. Is related to acceleration. I just installed this and some add-ons PMDG report that it is not the latest version before installing.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi,ASX requires SimConnect v. 10.0.61242.0, which is part of SP1.Installing Acceleration, assuming SP1 is installed first, should leave things in order with the 10.0.61242.0 version as well as the new SP2 version.For some reason it appears 10.0.61242.0 is not getting installed, has some kind of problem, or is being removed.Please try this:1) Find the 10.0.61242.0 x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect.10.0.61242.0 entry in your C:Windowswinsxs folder and delete it (if found).2) Run the Service Pack 1 repair function.3) Check for the winsxs 10.0.61242.0 simconnect version. It should be there and ASX should now find things.If there's any problem with this please let me know, and feel free to email me at damianc AT hifisim.com and I'll assist directly.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies