Sign in to follow this  
manta

ASX multiple user account problem

I've got ASX and XGraphics installed onto XP Pro. Clean install of everything since it's a new computer. ASX & XGraphics start fine when logged into the user account they were initially installed on. When I try to start them when logged in as different user (both user accounts have full admin permissions) I get the error message from ASX: XEngine installation path not found... Please re-install. When I try to start XGraphics it gives the message MS .Net Framework: Unhanded exception has occurred in your application. Could not find a part of the path "D:Documents & SettinsawlApplication DataHiFiXGraphicsXGraphics_Log.txt"How can I get these 2 apps to work under a second user account?thanksAndrew

When I tried to install under the second user account got the Active Sky X Installer error: Error 2753. The File 'xgaugewizard.exe' is not marked for installation. The XGraphics reinstall worked ok.Thinking it may be an issue with the different build versions I uninstalled both ASX & XG and started from scratch. After a bit putzing around the following worked:FSX1. account1: install2. account2: repair3. account1: repair (yup, had to do this again)4. account1: patch with SP1XG1. account1: install2. account2: repair3. account1: patch with SP1Both now are working under both user accounts. :-)Andrew

I am having more or less the same problems. I had to create a new user account because my registry became corrupted and messed up many of my settings.I couldn't run Xengine from the new account and went through the same issues that Andrew had above. The only difference here is that Xengine is not showing up in the 'remove programs list' in control panel....so I'm stuck, can't use xengine and can't install. All folders and files for Xengine are present in their original install folder. No issues with Xgraphics reinstall.Do you have an uninstall tool that will remove it from the registry, etc. or any other suggestions?ThanksBrent:-cool

JimThanks for the quick reply on a Sunday! I already had that MS tool and it wasn't showing Active Sky either so I threw the dice and just removed all the directories, rebooted and tried to install. It all went in fine with no issues. Appreciate the support!Brent