Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

ASX Service Pack 2 Coming Soon

>I just tried a long haul from lax-rjaa in the pmdg 747 and the>thing is just so realistic it cant handle the abrupt wind>shifts, I stalled and lost thousands of feet of altitude>before i could regain control only to have the winds shift>again and send me overspeedingSounds terribly wrong, but I can imagine those shifts could easily send your B747 upside-down. Because these so called "wind shifts" still feel TERRIBLY wrong after the SP1 as well. I get only one or 2 of those flying from KSEA to CYVR. But they are stil in, Jim.Thanks.

Hi Jim,SP1 was installed when it was first released. I had this problem but corrected it by following procedures posted sometime ago i.e. ASX icon, properties & Normal Window, also bring up task manager, right click on AS in processes section & choose maximise. For some reason I can't get it to work. Right now I simple open Internet Explore to bring "hidden message" forward when I see my anti-virus(avast)program stop running. This appears to be some kind of windows xp problem. Any other ideas I could try?Thanks, erv

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

"Hi,No other ideas. We will look into this a bit more for everyone!Jim"This is what your reputation is built on, Jim. Your honesty and integrity - not to mention the product itself - is why I bought ASX/G in the first place. I own and have used ASv6 since it was AS1, I think - plus all of Chris's early works. Just fine, solid products and support. Many Thanks.(Now you HAVE to fix it!!) ;):-beerchug

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

>Thank you, Mace. I thought ASX/XG and FEX were alternatives>to some degree. You don't use HiFi's XG, do you? Yes I also use XGraphics. There are things that XGraphics affects, like roads, rails, runway textures, etc., that FEX does not.There is no problem using both.>Also you said>you ran "Wispy clouds 1+ASX", where do you set these clouds,>in FE? I think I'll have to buy FEX.>"Wispy clouds 1" is just one of the cloud setups that comes with FEX. I have gotten ovc with different FEX cloud variations. That just happens to be the one I am using right now.And I don't think this is limited to FEX. Sticking up for ASG's clouds, if you have enough layers and the right METAR, you'll get a believable overcast. It just won't be that thick really. It's not quite there yet in our sim.>Realistic overcast and sloped runways are seriously missing>from flight simualtion yet. The only thick and true 3D>overcast one can find is in LockOn only.>>Dirk.Well FS5 had it :) although I must admit they were blocky and low-res by todays standards. But they were THICK overcast layers!The sloping runways thing, you can actually do that right now in FS (I designed an airport with it once to test) but it requires trickery, is not easy to design, and also AI don't like to use the sloped runway.Sloped rwys is one of the few major scenery things I'd like in FS11 if at all possible.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>"Hi,>>No other ideas. We will look into this a bit more for>everyone!>>Jim">>This is what your reputation is built on, Jim. Your honesty>and integrity - not to mention the product itself - is why I>bought ASX/G in the first place. I own and have used ASv6>since it was AS1, I think - plus all of Chris's early works.>Just fine, solid products and support. Many Thanks.>>(Now you HAVE to fix it!!) ;)>>:-beerchugEcho. Well said, Paul. Dirk.

>Yes I also use XGraphics. There are things that XGraphics>affects, like roads, rails, runway textures, etc., that FEX>does not.Thanks Mace!Dirk.

Man where were all you guys when I brought up the lack of true overcast conditions months ago. It seemed like I was a lone voice, there were a few people that spoke up on this topic, but I could have used the additional crowd jumping on the bandwagon. I to remember, on one earlier version of MS Flt Sim and Wx add-ons, a definite in the weather and out of the weather sensation that has now been lost for many years. Today's weather depiction methods seem to use more visibility techniques to simulate cloud layers rather than the actual overcast or broken layer causing you to lose complete sight of the ground (like in the real world). A thin overcast (250 -OVC) at 25,000 feet is different than a lower (050 OVC) overcast deck. The one at 5000 feet is not going to be transparant. The one at altitude can sometimes be transparant.Using FSX Jeppsen wx there have been times where I went into the weather and it went totally white around me and no ground in sight. With ASX I honestly cannot think of a time where I have "disappeared into" the weather. I've brush clouds, I've entered a cloud layer, and I've cleared the weather on top, but at no time do I lose complete contact with the ground somewhere around my aircraft. I think the visibility and the precipitation models in ASX are awesome and quite realistic but the overcast/cloud models (to be honest in all weather add-ons for FS9 and FSX) are still lacking.Steve

I never reported the pop-up box dilemna before, but I periodically run into this problem. I assumed you were aware and a fix would be in store (and, of course, SP1 didn't rectify the situation).I tried the opening a browser trick and it works.CheersLarry

Guest trampus1

Have you tried using the cloud layers set to max (20) in ASX.To me it made a difference. I finally had true overcast conditions for the first time ever in ASX. (could not see the ground anywhere). I only just discovered this as I always set it at 5-7 layers using default. But I have only tested it a few times so far and it could be a fluke.Trampus1

Guest lingfors

>Have you tried using the cloud layers set to max (20) in>ASX.>To me it made a difference. I finally had true overcast>conditions for the first time ever in ASX. (could not see the>ground anywhere). I only just discovered this as I always set>it at 5-7 layers using default. But I have only tested it a>few times so far and it could be a fluke.Interesting... Might have to try this when I have the possibility. However, the possible performance hit worries me. What was the performance impact for you, and what is your computer specs?

Hi,not only the winds are jumping around like crazy . . . if they are stable they do not correspond to the navlog downloaded 45 mins prior to departure - if you loose on a KMIA-EDDT trip ( 4400 nm ) on your first 1200 nm 24 mins ( !! ) because winds are head instead of tail as predicted . . . you'll never make it !SP2 is overdue . . . !Can't fly until its out and working !Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman Fosterhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg