Sign in to follow this  
Guest folie

ASV6.5 locking up

Guest folie

Hi there,I am experiencing problems for a long time with the ASV6.5 program. I always thought it was my computer / system or a corrupted FS9 or something like that, but since I bought a completely new system some months ago and freshly installed everything from the ground up and still don't get this program running I thought I give it chance to get some support.System specs:- Windows XP patched up to date.- C2D E6700, 2GbRAm, 8800gtx GraphicsSimulator setup:- FS9.1- Addons: GE, FE, Ultimate Terrain Europe + many airport sceneries.- Multiple Addon planes like: A3xx Wilco, PC12, Kingair Aeroworx.- FSUIPC 3.71 registered versionProblem description:- Startup FS- Select a flight / make flightplan.- Startup sim- Clear all weather with FSuipc- Minimize screen- Startup ASV6.5- ASV 6.5 retrieves data and writes data. Await process to complete.Then:- Try to open FS window again, it sort of start to open and then I get a blinking/flickering long lasting 'hour glass" (not sure if this is correct english; I mean the thing that indicates that the computer is working / processing) - I wait, wait and wait..... Nothing happens.My guess: I did have it working in the past and I think there is some kind of interaction or conflict with e.g. Flight Environment or so.Would be nice to get this resolved. The real time weather engine from FS is kind of not nice.Regards,Floris.

Guest folie

>It also could be a driver issue, either video or sound.Unlikely, given the fact that I had exactly the same issue with my old computer and the problem started occuring at a certain point in time. >Is AS build 522?No, 552.I'll install some addons and do a fresh active sky install to see if that helps and I can lock it down to an addon.Remains strange the addons are very well known and used in the FS enthusiast circle. Strange you haven't got any similar feedback.Regards,Floris

Guest folie

No. It's purely related to ASV6.5.Interesting observation I didn't mention before:When Asv runs i.e. downloads all the weather data, updates the airports etc and is finished at a certain moment, I minimize the applicationwindow to go back to FS. At that moment the FS window is available in a small window: it's not locked up and seems to run fine i.e. the weather is updated and I see an ASV generated METAR on screen passing by. But if I then try to maximize the window to full screen the lockup occurs.Just FYI: I run a 24"inch monitor on 1900x1200.I'll try to see if there is an updated videodriver available. I did install the latest from NVIDIA when i got the new computer a couple of months ago.Regards,Floris