Sign in to follow this  
Erv Moore

XGraphics and RealAir Aircraft Landing/Taxi Lights

Is there a patch to help improve the aircraft landing/taxi lights for RealAir products? Sorry if this question has been asked before, could not find an answer in the avsim search. Thanks much!ervIntel Core 2 X6800(3.22), P5W Deluxe, Coolmax 650W, Corsair DII800 4G, two 74G/WD 10,000 drives, ASUS 1900XT/512 Card, CoolMaster TAC-T01, Creative Sound Card, USB Logitech 350 Headset with Mic, Samsung 22

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

Thanks Chris! Sorry I missed it. erv

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

Ha Chris, sorry to be a pain but for some reason I can't get the landing lights to show on taxiway nor runway. I went to XG Landing Lights and tried all the "Landing Lights for Addons Aircraft" options but there are no changes on the SF260 and the other RealAir acft. My XG does show Bld 297 but I never seen the words, "3rd party addons". Appreciate your help. erv

Ha Jim,Sent Rob Young at RealAir Simulations an email several days ago, he seems to think it is X graphics which has a reduced intensity beam. But indicated the RealAir model also reduces the intensity of the landing light and when combined this makes the landing light extremely dim. I guess RealAir reduced the intensity because they think the default beam is far too strong and unrealistic. Rob seems to think X-graphic developers are working or have worked a different beam bmp to solve this problem.I don't generally fly the RealAir aircraft at night but when I do it is somewhat difficult to see when near or on ground. The default aircraft lights are great but default aircraft are not my cup of tea.It appears I'm the only guy having this issue, I thought maybe there was a quick fix that I was unaware of. No big deal.Thanks for help.erv

HI Erv, yes it is "Landing Lights for Addons Aircraft" in XG and these are like default fsx intensity to works for aircraft addons, but the intensity is very low from the real air model (extremely dim), if your monitor is set too much low you wont see them. ThanksChris Willishttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-dev-sigbanner.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Ha Chris & Jim,Thanks for help. I'll continue to make adjustments - never thought about the monitor. Continue to enjoy your products. Thanks again. erv