Installation seems normal except for the black box that is supposed to be the XGuage. I'm not sure what's supposed to be there instead of the black box, but it's there in the front view (partially masked by panels)every time I start FSX and load a flight.

Dan Downs KCRP

Build 1056 that I installed yesterday. I've done a repair, will try your suggestion in a few minutes (I'm in the middle of a uninstall/reinstall of PMDG's latest upgrade to their new software).Thanks,

Dan Downs KCRP

I removed and reinstalled ASX (didn't figure out how to remove just the XGuage). Now I'm getting the XEngine Error. I searched for info on this and it seems like a bug that needs your SP2 to fix, or should I remove SP1 and Net2.0 and reinstall?Thanks,

Dan Downs KCRP

Took a couple of minutes but I finally found the downloads (suggestion: advise customer that SP1 download is required in invoice, order ack msg or readme). Anyway, ASX installed okay and runs okay.. loaded a flight plan okay... just don't get the XGauge (just a black box on the screen). I'm using the PMDG 747-400X and have NET2.0 FSX SP1.

Dan Downs KCRP

Jim.. I do have the 03Nov update from PMDG.The XGauge is working with the FSX default 738. (duh, I should have tried that first)Thanks

Dan Downs KCRP

Sorry, maybe I should have said it works with default aircraft but not the PMDG 747-400X. Just a black box. Is mine the only report of a problem with the 400X?

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,I had the same problem.It turns out that there is an unused window definition (window20) in the PMDG's panel file, and that's the black box you get, because the XGauge installer has defined XGauge as window20 as well.By manually editing the panel.cfg file in the panel.vc folder, change "window20" into "window21" for both the XGauge entry in the Window Titles list and the window definition for the XGauge window definition further down in the same file you can enable the XGauge panel.I would make backup first (although the XGauge has made backups as well) and change as little as possible, so I have not deleted the original PMDG-defined window20, changing the XGauge to window21 instead.Hope this helps!Martijn

I see it's called a debugger, but it's not declared in the Titles section and this is the problem. Good catch. Did you let PMDG know about their little bit of sloppines?Thanks much!

Dan Downs KCRP

No I did not let them know. I'm not sure it's sloppiness, they probably test it this way, and perhaps may even give users with severe problems on their system instructions on how to enable it and use it to troubleshoot.Besides, they probably have enough on their plate already besides this minor issue; although I suspect most problems reported on their site are in fact user errors....or may be solved once ASX SP2 is released (wind-shift related issues) ;-)Martijn

Guest kstow26

Fellas, We'll Im having the same issue but mine is showing the black box in all aircraft (add-on and default) Im running my Active Sky X and XGraphics through a network. The weather and appreance comes through great but the XGuage is not working properly ie. Black Box. I have tried the above advice by uninstalling and installing still nothing any help in the matter would be great.. ThanksActive Sky X with SP1 for FSX SP1 and SDK SP1 for networking.

Guest kstow26

Jim, Have uninstalled my video drivers and re-installed new nVidia drivers for my 8800GTS 640mb card, driver specs are as follows: nVidia 163.75 driver for 32bit XP. After re-install of drivers i loaded my FSX and still ASX and XG working fine but XGauge still continues to give me a black box will no visual. I tried using it's power button but nothing...lol No function work. I read in the manual that if i change something with the XGauge line keys then it should change in ASX but nothing changes and vis versa.. any more ideas for the next step? Would this be easier if i PM'd you my number? I have attached a pic below to show you.. but you prolly have already seen this.http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/6181/s5030702mj6.jpgAlso showing connection via network computer is good.http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5994/s5030705ym1.jpg