Hi JimThanks for all your efforts, but unfortunaly it didn`t seem to help.The error, when you try to install it still pops up.Jen

Hi Robert,I am noting here that your XGaugeWizard installation utility is failing, causing the failed installation.Are you getting any error messages during this process? Something specifically is occuring during the gauge install that is causing a crash, which MAY be due to an old pre-SP1 bug (related to certain add-on aircraft), if you are using a pre-SP1 installation package. In either case, cancelling out of the install process for XGauge SHOULD allow things to continue normally. Can you confirm?

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Are you saying to remove SP1 then try to install ASX ans then install back SP1 ???What is th ebest way to uninstall SP1 ?I gotta tell ta the thought of the " F " word really makes my stomach hurt. :) This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/9352/rob4un8.jpgLife Is Simple: Food-Beer and FSX...Only New School For Me!Take CareRobert

Vl3MQY.png

Hi Robert,No, I am suggesting that you re-run the ASX installation and when XGaugeWizard appears (at the end) that you cancel out of it instead of letting it install the Gauge.I am under the impression that the error / problem here is that ASX will not install due to the installation error you mentioned in your first post, which shows clearly that XGaugeWizard had an error. If this is the case, you can bypass the XGaugeWizard installation by cancelling out/closing it once it appears, at the end of your ASX installation.If we can get ASX installed ok we can isolate the remaining problem to XGaugeWizard, which should be an easy fix and I suspect an update to ASX SP1 (AFTER standard ASX is installed) will solve things, allowing you to run XGaugeWizard and install the gauge as normal.Please feel free to email me directly at damianc AT hifisim.com to follow up on this..Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

If you gentlemen should figure out a solution to this problem, It would be very nice if you would post it in here:-) Kind regardsJen

Guest oldpenguin

Hello all.Was there a final resolution to this problem, that I also now have. I have all the same symptoms, but will add some additional information for you about my particular issue:When the problems with ActiveSkyX first appeared, I did an uninstall of both ActiveSky and XGraphics, but both uninstall routines failed about half way through. However ActiveSky and XGraphics were both removed from the add/remove programs in Control Panel. After some effort, including re-installing .NET 2.0, XGraphics made it through the full re-install, but it still comes up with the 'X Graphics has encountered a problem and needs to close' error message when I try to run it.When I try to re-install ActiveSkyX I get the same Error 1722 message referring to the XGauge wizard as the others. However, a search reveals that the panel.XGaugeWizard.cfg files, and associated backup files, are still present in FSXsimobjectsairplanes folders.Also, when I run FSX, I can bring up XGauge with Shift-5, but it doesn't appear to do anything other than display weather (ie none of the selectors work).Anyway, has the problem been solved other than by a Windows re-install (ouch!)?Cheers,pengy.

Guest oldpenguin

Jim,I can't seem to find XGauge.exe, but I have a xgauge.dll in the gauges folder of FSX.It looks to me that the ActiveSkyX installation routine stops when is tries to run the XGaugeWizard.exe with the comment "Action NewCustomAction2, location:...XGaugeWizard.exe" It then rolls back and doesn't get to the XGauge installation routine.Thanks for you prompt reply.By the way, other than this problem, I've been extremely happy with ActiveSkyX.Cheers,pengy