Is it normal for the depiction output to change between idle and active up to every 30 sec during flight?I took the PMDG747-400X for ride from KORD-PANC last night arriving at PANC about 0300Z. During the trip, weather shifts were minor but would start increasing significantly causing the simulation to constantly be correcting for speed and/or altitude. I then forced a WX Refresh (sometimes hitting the button had no effect so I would go to the setting page and make a minor tweak to force a setting change then the refresh would work). After the WX Refresh, everything would be okay for about 20 min.Had real reporting stations all along the route. I have Create Virtual Stations and Enhanced Route Coverage unchecked. Dynamic Rate of Change is set to zero. All turbulence and shear settings are zero.Thanks,

Dan Downs KCRP

I'll take the suggestion.I believe the pressure is also changing. I'll see IAS and ALT jump (3-5 kts and 80-120 ft) without a change in the indicated wind vector. When this happens, the absolute altitude provided by FSX (SHIFT-Z) remains constant.My experience is the pressure shifts are usually much worse than the wind shifts. However, I did observe the wind go from 300/40 to 160/14 during my flight to PANC at FL380. It was a single occurence and it got my attention.

Dan Downs KCRP

I thought so.I hope there is a way you can fix that as well as the wind shift. Those little jumps create corrections by the aircraft that detract from the experience.Thanks

Dan Downs KCRP