Sign in to follow this  
Guest alpha37

ASV6 & FS

Guest alpha37

Can anyone tell help with this issue. Am sitting at the gate in KBLI for the past hr. AsV6 is reporting winds 360 true @ 0kts.but Fs is reporting winds 169 which would be 190 true. Can someone help?Alpha37

Guest alpha37

asv6 is showing calm winds but what bothers me is the wind direction not being quite correct.. 360 and 167 is a big difference in direction.Alpha37

Guest alpha37

another issue is Asv6 reporting alt setting @30.21 while fs is reporting 29.29. Is that also normal?alpha37

Guest alpha37

Jim I have build 552, is that the newest one?I have been out at sea for the last 6mths,maybe am just losing it.I also realized that Asv6 download times are 2hrs behind UTC.Is that normal?For ex: It is 12:47hrs UTC, I did a refresh and the Wx time on ASV6 is 1152hrs. How am I to know if the parameters given by Asv6 are correct indication of the weather?Alpha37

Hi,Not a problem, just take your time getting back into things!Yes, you are up to date.Now, the time example you just gave me is totally fine. Weather is updated worldwide at the top of each hour, ususally and then it takes 15-20 minutes for our system to gather the weather and process it. 12:47 adjusts to 12 and 11:52 is the 12 data. If you had waited about another 20 minutes or so and done a refresh you would have gotten the 13 data. All looks good here.Thanks!Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/