Sign in to follow this  
Guest tmond

a1 traffic

Guest tmond

Jim. Sometime back you recommended to me a site you use for downloading A1 traffic that you use. Can you tell me the name of installer again please. Tim:-)

Guest tmond

Jim. I hv a bit'a problem understanding AI traffic. I know how to download it etc but how do "you" co-ordinate the traffic flow. Do you install AFCAD'S to the airports and schedule the traffic? I installed Lee Swordy's Traffic tools V2.21. Do I need that or do I just download the AI traffic and let'm rip? I understand that a person needs to install AFCAD's so the traffic can find the runways and parking. What do you use? Traffic Tool? Tim

Hi Tim,I know you have been trying this all out and I give you credit for wanting to learn new things in FS!Now, there are different points of view when it comes to traffic. Some want the absolute realistic traffic there is. They download and install AFCADS, close and open certain runways, they use Traffic Tools to set exact schedules and tweak their life away. That is all fine and good, but it takes a lot of time and energy.There are others that just use AFCADS to add more parking spaces to airports. I used to do this, but I started to have duplicate files for the same airports and FS was crashing, and that is not good. So I deleated all my AFCADS.So there is a third camp: Download and install AI traffic packages and let 'em rip. If there is not enough parking too bad, the planes land and disappear. Times are off? So what, I wouldn't notice the difference! I want to fly with AI planes around me, that's it! So I have every WOAI set installed and I have almost every PAI set installed and I have a bunch of GA traffic installed, and my ground and my air are filled with AI traffic! No fuss, no mess! About the only program I run in the background is AI Smooth because it does a good job of putting AI planes in holding patterns so I don't get run over on landings.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest tmond

Well. That's just what I wanted to hear.PAI.. That's Project I,Right?AI Smooth? Where ya get that from? Tim:-)

Guest tmond

Thanks Jim. Appreciate That. Question, I note onn alot of the AI downloads, they have flight plans around the other side of the world from me(Aberta,Canada), Will I ever see any of those aircraft unless I fly there? Can you or have you ever changed flight plans?Tim

> Will I ever see any of those>aircraft unless I fly there? Can you or have you ever changed>flight plans?Tim If you have flight plans for Canada, you probably won't see those aircraft in Australia...unless of course you get Vancouver--->Sydney flights that Air Canada *might* do. (I don't know if they actually have that flight).For AI, I am in the camp of 'it doesn't have to be 100% accurate, as long as they are there'.I have dozens of airlines installed, some I made myself, and some World of AI and PAI packages.It's pretty neat to turn your computer on in FSX, load up a major airport, and let it sit for a few hours, while you go and do something else.You come back, and it's neat to see all the AI moving around. Well neat to me, anyway. I guess it's like having a train set. You like to watch the train move around.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest tmond

Wow!! Questions:1. The airlines you made up, Where are they?2. Do You install AFCAD's?3. If I install a airline with flight plans...........let's say another country, Will I not see these aircraft in USA or Canada?4. Are these AI hard on frame rates? do they slow the computer down for you? Reading what you have for a system, It must be fast But it's a little "chinese" to me. After a bit I'm going to send you my spec's for my computer and you can tell me if I got a good system and you might recommend changes which I'm willing to do if you don't mind.5. I have FSX but do not use it because of no quad 4 and DX10. I have not used it since a couple of monthes after it came out.Is there any changes to it updates etc?Hope I'm not a bother to you. I just want The best for my system.I just called my computer man......he's going to give me a list of my system. I think I'll post it at the bottom like you do.Thank you Kindly Rhett :-)

>Wow!! Questions:>1. The airlines you made up, Where are they?This will be a long reply....sorry about thatMy AI are on my computers hard drive. ??I'm using a combination of flight plans I made from scratch, and the rest are flight plans originally authored by others here at AVSIM, such as those by Brian Wheatley and Carlos Augusto Narvaez-Diaz, to name a few.And the aircraft are from AIAardvark, EvolveAI, The Fruit Stand, Henry Tomkiewicz, and other AI aircraft makers. All free downloads. It takes time to set all it up, I'm afraid.All the flight plans I made were converted and reprocessed (by me). I feel that it would be unethical to upload them without the original flight plan author's permission.For one airline, Copa Airlines (out of Panama) I have obtained permission and I did upload those to AVSIM file libary. It's here in the file libary...Even so with these things, you ALSO have to download the appropriate aircraft and paintjobs. For my Copa flight plan bgl, I outlined what you need to download in the readme file.Keep in mind that when I reprocessed these FS9 flight plans for FSX, I hand-made the plans in the FSX format with the exact FSX SDK specs. I did not use any of the converter programs. That way, I am assured of an absolute 100% native FSX bgl.However, there are several converter programs out there right now, that do a pretty good job (they don't work 100% but they work most of the time). AIFPC by Peter Van der Veen is one. I use it some now, particularly on World of AI flight plans--to make them FSX flight plan bgl's.>2. Do You install AFCAD's?Not as many as most people. Contrary to popular belief, these are not needed but they are desirable. You can still have aircraft in flight, even without AFCADs.Technically, we don't have AFCAD's anymore for FSX. :) But I know what you mean.I have some airport sceneries installed, and some I made. The ones I have made are in the file libary here at AVSIM (KSTL, MPTO, MPDA).You don't really need to have AFCAD/airport sceneries installed at all. If you don't have enough parking at an airport, all it means is the aircraft will disappear after it lands.Stock FSX airports are better at handling AI, but if you want the ultimate experience, add-on AFCADs will be essential.>3. If I install a airline with flight plans...........let's>say another country, Will I not see these aircraft in USA or>Canada?Well, for example, in the case of Copa Airlines that I made...they are based in Panama...in Central America. You will not see Copa in Calgary, Alberta. They don't fly there. You will see them in Miami, sometimes, and more common in Central America (Honduras, Nicaragua, etc.)Basically if you fly in the FS world where the real-world airline flies, you have a chance to see some of their aircraft. That's assuming the flight plans are accurate.To me that's one of the most interesting things. I won't see Air Canada if I'm flying in South America. It's neat to fly long distance, land somewhere, and see exotic airline liveries taxiing around.>4. Are these AI hard on frame rates? do they slow the computer>down for you? Yes AI is the biggest slow-down in flight simulator. You have to be careful with your AI traffic slider if you have lots of traffic bgl's installed.For example at my Miami International airport I easily have over 130 AI aircraft there with AI set to 100%. That's really too many for my computer to handle, so I typically turn the AI down to 80%, which gives manageable performance on my computer system.>Reading what you have for a system, It must be>fast It used to be fast. :) It's fast for a 2 year old computer, else I wouldn't still be using it. But today, a new computer will blow mine away. I'm about to upgrade--soon--2-3 months from now.> After a bit I'm going>to send you my spec's for my computer and you can tell me if I>got a good system and you might recommend changes which I'm>willing to do if you don't mind.Yep I can do that. You might want other FS people's advice too though. Many minds put together is the best I say...and there are a lot of people here that know their stuff.>5. I have FSX but do not use it because of no quad 4 and DX10.>I have not used it since a couple of monthes after it came>out.Is there any changes to it updates etc?>There is an essential update that came out in about May of this year. It's called SP1 (service pack 1) for FSX and it's a free download. It really improved performance.>Hope I'm not a bother to you. I just want The best for my>system.I just called my computer man......he's going to give>me a list of my system. I think I'll post it at the bottom>like you do.Thank you Kindly Rhett :-) I post that on the bottom to help others help me. If they can see my computer specifications on screen they can help me troubleshoot a problem easier and faster.Also it can help other see what REALLY runs FSX well. Not that my computer is up-to-date anymore, but it does run FSX well.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

Guest tmond

Well,Thanks for all that. Where is the AI slider?

It's in the FSX menus, Display..., Traffic tab if I recall correctly.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

Guest tmond

Ok Rhett. I use fs9...........so I guess it's the traffic slider in there.Thank you.Tim:-)