Sign in to follow this  
Guest Werd

Way to slow, maybe connection problem

Guest Werd

HiSo I had ASX working perfectly before (or maybe I thought so), and after I had to reinstall windows things seem to go wrong.First of all, when I choose the airport in FSX it doesnt update in Active Sky. So I have the impression it only starts weather depiction during the flight. So here we come to the main problem : it's way to slow! I find a place on the map with overcast conditions, rain etc. Choose this airport (nothing hapends yet in ASX!). Start the flight. Now I have this location in ASX ... and a blue sky in the game. Rain comes very quickly - in like 10 seconds, as well as few clouds - like 2 or 3. Then things dont move for ten minutes (!!!) and finally after all this time suddenly the sky becomes what it is supposed to be. I think the problem is Active Sky doesnt detect the right location while it's allready chosen in FSX but I didnt yet start the flight. I think it did before I reinstalled everything (so I allways started the flight in correct conditions).Any ideas about this one?ps: everything is running on a single computer, dynamic rate of change = 100%

Hi,I have a few suggestions:You reinstalled some things so your settings may be different then before.Make sure High Priority Processes is checked On.Make sure you are running B1083.Make sure that Lock to FS Location is checked.Might need to update your Direct X from Microsoft. Same with motherboard drivers and video drivers.I assume you installed SP1 for FSX.Please let us know.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest Werd

>Hi,>>I have a few suggestions:>>You reinstalled some things so your settings may be different>then before.>>Make sure High Priority Processes is checked On.>Make sure you are running B1083.>Make sure that Lock to FS Location is checked.>>Might need to update your Direct X from Microsoft. Same with>motherboard drivers and video drivers.>>I assume you installed SP1 for FSX.>>Please let us know.>>Thanks,>Jim>>http://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpg>http://www.hifisim.com/Hi Jim, thanks for the answer!I'll install latest mobo drivers because this may actually be a solution (I've changed motherboard).I have latest video drivers and directx 9.0c.Btw, I had to reinstall SP1 for fsx, was gettings this "unable to connect or something" message in asx. Now I have no message. But I never even had this problem with the previous installation, so I still think something is wrong with the way active sky is connecting to the game.Alex

Guest Werd

lol crazyofftopic/To make long story short:My system is wildly overclocked since few days but things seemed to work ok. So I reinstalled all drivers as you said and rebooted. I had a wierd problem then - my heat-pipe coolered graphic card started to heat like crazy and I couldnt choose my normal screen resolution in windows. So.. 2 hours of mess later I managed to install an old cpu fan on the geforce and its colder than ice now and everything is running fine./offtopicSo after all that :D I was really impatient to see if the asx bug is still there! Unfortunately yes :(Perhaps I managed to find out precisely how it appears. It may be interesting for you as SP2 is still in development :)So in order:-start asx-start fsx-find a location with very poor weather on the asx map-go there in fsx-"Asx initial weather depiction complete!"-get everything in no time (solid overcast, visibility, wind, rain and all stuf)-quit the flight-find a SECOND location with poor weather in asx-go there in fsx-get a blue sky and no green messages from asx (however the rain starts in like 10 seconds, we get some (3) coulds in 20 seconds and have probably to wait for an overcast for 10 minutes or so)hope it helps

Guest Werd

I fixed it!It wasnt high priority. It was fsx.cfg! I replaced it with the old one just in case and suddenly the miracle happened - asx started updating location before even I start the flight and weather is instant!!Now I have to find the lines in fsx.cfg and to add them in the new one. Thanks for the assistance!

Guest Werd

Ok, I post the results in case someone encounters the same problem. The line wich screws up fsx/asx connection is:DisablePreload=1The theory is this line tells fsx not to preload the _default_ flight.In reality fsx preloads also the flight selected even if it's not default. That's what lets asx to quickly load the weather while we're still in the game interface.Alex

Guest Werd

ok, last oneNo disablepreload=1 fixed the location update in asx and somewhat the weather generation speed. But clearly not always.I'm looking at this for 15 minutes now :http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/181340.jpgOvercast appeared few minutes later.High priority process is on.That's the second flight I started. First one everything was insta-generated (different region, same weather, got green messages)Anyway, I'll stick to fsx default weather engine. Thanks for your help and hope to see things improved in sp2.

Hi,If I understand correctly, your problem is that after initial wx gen, whe you change locations, it takes 15+ minutes to update. Is that correct?Does this occur in only one area or everywhere?On my test systems here moving from KSAN to KSEA takes about 2 minutes to update the local wx conditions completely.Something is not correct. There could be a problem with a station in the area you are testing, or something else slowing down your communications with FS. Please try this with a location change from KSAN to KSEA to see if things are improved at let me know. If we can isolate to a certain area its a simple fix to address those stations. If it happens everywhere we'll have to dig deeper to see why this is happening and what can be done to speed it up.Currently there are no issues address in SP2 related to speed of weather updates. We're almost "gold" on SP2 so we don't have much time to look at this issue. Please let us know ASAP and you can write direct at damianc AT hifisim.com.Thanks!Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hi again,Please also send your current asx.cfg and xengine.log file (in userappdatahifi folder subfolders xengine and asx..) Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies