Finally got some hardware capable of running FSX OK, so I just bought ASX to go with it. What I see is the user interface is quite a bit different from previous versions going back to wxre! I'm having a little trouble following my old work flows that I used in ASV, so I was wondering if there was any kind of guidance of how the ASX interface compares to ASV. Right now my problem is in start up. In ASV my flow was like this:ASV set to online but pause on FS start.Open ASVdownload current wx.import flight plan, obtain current weather enroutesave current weather filestart FS9 and load/create flightrefresh weatherwait for METAR text crawl to signal wx loaded I'm a little uncertain how to achieve the same effect in ASX. Also, setting "use fs time/use system time", load historical from file and use only that, or use consecutive historical files in offline mode.I'm sure over time it will all become clear, but a cheat sheet to show ASV->ASX commands and options would be nice to have.scott s..

Hi Scott,Thanks for moving up to ASX! Most of this stuff is still there, but on different screens and for other things it doesn't matter. I will be brief now, because I need to go to work, but you can ask more questions as we go along.1. Start ASX and let things load.2. Import flightplan.3. No need to save weather file in either version unless working Offline.4. Start FSX.5. Fly.Some wnat to set the weather using their exact Sim time in FSX so there is an option for that. Most want real time weather, no matter their FS time so they use Force to Real Time.Historical files are saved weather files either downloaded or from the server.Use consecutive historical means that ASX will group historical files into one long file for longer flights using historical weather.Happy Holidays,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

OK so I guess there is no flt sim time option. If I uncheck "force to real time" I then have to set "set to historical" to my flight sim time. If my settings "automatic weather downloads" is checked, then I will get subsequent hours wx download (used to be called offline sequence playback) based on the "active date and time" timer. If I uncheck the box, then my weather will be locked on the historical data (or an alternative that I load from disk). Is that right? Is there still the concept of refreshing to update AI? Also it seems like all the suppression and force destination stuff is gone?scott s..

Hi Scott,You want to force to sim time. It's the checkbox right under force to real time.Using "force" options or not, the time always increments. If online this means you can set historical and the time will properly change into the future, downloading new historical data appropriately.Suppression no longer a factor with FSX and force destination also different. Quite a few changes from ASv6.. hope this little bit of info helps.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Thanks. In light of sp2 I though I would keep my head down and experiment for awhile.scott s..