Sign in to follow this  

ILS Frequencies

Could somebody explain, step by step, how to find the ILS frequecies in FS2002.Thanks in anticipation.David

Hi David,Start MSFS with any aircraft anywhere ... for example the default csssna at Meigs. 1. menu2. world3. mapviewsince you are Chicago illinois in the US, you will see the airports. Zoom in, click on an airport runway and up pops a window with all the info you would ever want, lat and lon, data, all the com freqs AND all the ILS information if there is an ILS at the facilityyou can also use the go to airport option. then go to the mapview, zoom in, click on a runway, and up comes all the data.try WSSS ... singapore Changi .. or whateverGood Luck!

Guest teetee

hi dave, if you file ifr you can get all the freq's vor/ ils etc from the flight planner, as you would if preparing for an actual flight. i write down all the info and get an approach plate from navaids. just seems more realistic. [ and thats the whole point] tt

Hi Guys..... Yes, TeeTee is right, you can get all the info from the flight planner... What I do, (I'm kinda lazy), after I've created and filed an IFR flight plan, I go back into the flight planner, and click on the edit tab. Then I click on the airport, which opens up all the info for that airport. Making sure all info of the airport is highlighted green, I press "CTRL C" which copies all the info. I then back out of the flight planner in FS2002, open up the Kneeboard, select notes, and press "CTRL V". Now all the airports info is pasted into the kneeboard for future ref. You can do this for all navids as well..Saves a bit of time writing, but like I said, I'm a lazy pilot :-lolCheers

Now thats toooooo lazy..... Thanks for the tip Edam :-wave

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi David,you might want to check if the Reality XP GPS fits your need too. It provides detailled information about airports and all other navaid as a real GSP does, with a few key presses.Hope this helps!

Save yourself alot of grief and buy FSNavigator. Not only are they all there on the FSNAV airport graphics as you fly, but you just "drag and drop" with your mouse to get them into your radio.It's first class !Bob (Lecanto, Fl)AMD, Athlon XP, 1800+MSI, K7T266 XP ProPC 2100 DDR, 1024 MBXP, Home Edition Elsa GLadiac 920, GF3/64Mb andPNY, Verto nVidia TNT 2-M64/32WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card

Bob I use FSNavigator and was unaware of this feature. Can you tell me how it works?RegardsBobG

If you wanna do it the real way (IFR),get yourself some charts

BobZoom the runway you want to land on. Place you pointer near the end of the runway you will be approaching to. When the box pops up with all the information in it (including that ILS frequency), right click and hold and drag to the Nav 1 radio box located on the left side of FSNAV and release. That's all there is to it.Also a nice feature in that box is that at the bottom of that box is the time to arrival of your flight in minutes and seconds.Bob (Lecanto, Fl)AMD, Athlon XP, 1800+MSI, K7T266 XP ProPC 2100 DDR, 1024 MBXP, Home Edition Elsa GLadiac 920, GF3/64Mb andPNY, Verto nVidia TNT 2-M64/32WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card

http://www.airnav.com/ can be a resource for some things, although apparently not ILS frequencies. Just thought I'd mention it... it does list VOR and NDB frequencies.Dave BlevinsKRHV

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

>Could somebody explain, step by step, how to find the ILS >frequecies in FS2002. >>Thanks in anticipation. >>David FSFlightmax (among a whole lot of other goodies too numerous to mention) also gives you the ability to pull out complete airfield info and paste it onto your kneepad. Just about the best payware available.http://www.fsavionics.comHappy what's left of Christmas and a good new year!Mike