Sign in to follow this  

Hi Damian and Jim,I've just gone about "upgrading" ASX to SP2.Now your installation program said it was going to add an extra gauge to ALL of my installed aircraft. I DO NOT WANT THIS GAUGE unless I know what it does!(As have many of us, I've had to go through and eliminate all sorts of damage done to our setups by automatic installers.)So I naturally clicked the "x" in the top right hand corner to make the installer STOP before doing any further damage--having no other option. You don't give me a chance to say no.What are you doing?Is it not proper etiquette to ask the user if you can alter all of his existing aircraft panels? I may want to have this extra gauge, and I may not. Certainly without an explanation, one must be wary. Gosh.The update seems to have installed. But I'm not sure. (Build 1106?)Again, gosh!Best,Mike MacKuen(PS. I'm a long time Active Sky guy--having taken plenty of opportunities to praise your work and your commitment to the community. So you will understand my consternation.)

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

(PS. I'm a long time Active Sky guy--having taken plenty of opportunities to praise your work and your commitment to the community. So you will understand my consternation.)LOL so long standing that you forgot that it did the same thing when you installed ASX originally then again when/if you upgraded to SP1. All its doing is installing the X-gauge weather map.

Cheers, Andy.

Hi Mike,Not quite sure what the issue is here.Since the first day of owning ASX were you aware of X Gauge?The x method of canceling the seperate, optional, installation is correct.Every step of the way we display what we are about to do, giving you the option to quit using the x. There is even an option to uninstall X Gauge and to modify what key combination will be used to pull up X Gauge.You have updated just fine!Happy Holidays,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Thanks Jim.(I had equally skipped X-gauge on initial installation--though I did not remember that last night.) My consternation is that the user interface does not make it clear that this "x" system of stopping the X-gauge installation is the proper way to go.Again, I'd prefer that you explain more clearly what is going on to your user and explain more clearly what your user is to do. The user interface says that the installer is about to install the X-gauge and then it indicates that one hit the "Next" button to continue. There is no elegant way for the user to tell the installer that the user doesn't want X-gauge--except for the user to stop the installer altogether. Might it be possible to have a button that says "Don't Install X-gauge right now"?Again, please look at this from the viewpoint of one who installs ActiveSky only once in a long while and doesn't have intimate familiarity with the process. (I realize that you all know this process intimately and everything seems obvious. But consider what it looks like from the other side.)Again, thanks for taking your time to answer this.And best wishes for the Holiday Season,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1