Sign in to follow this  
tango4

ASX won't work in networked configuration (simconnect sp1 not found error)

Hi everyone!I'm trying to get ASX run in networked configuration without success. I keep having the error message "Simconnect SP1 managed version was not found...."on my client PC.Here is my setup:Server : Q6600,4Gb,GeForce8800GTX 768Mb,Vista Home Premium 32bits(french version), only the windows firewallClient: Pentium M1.6, 1Gb, XP SP2,only the windows firewallI followed everything to the letter.I have FSX SP1 (french), SDK patched.After a few hours of work (thanks Vista...) I could share the folders and check that I couls access the files from the client.I set up simconnect on both PC, opened port500...adn when I run AItraffic for a test on the client,with FSX running on the server, I can see on my client "connected to flight simulator! Received:2" so I guess it's working .I'm out of solutions here please help !!!Best Regards.Charles MOULIN

Hi!Thanks for answering so fast.Actually, I already tried that. I started again from a fresh FSX install with sp1 and...no result.On the client I'm certain that FSX is not installed.But How can I know if simconnect is installed on the client ??The only thing I have on the client is the result of the simconnect.msi that I ran to install the client files.By the way, I had no problem to run ASX in local mode directly on the server.Best regardsCharles

Hold it !!!It seems to be working !!!!I uninstalled simconnect from the client and re installed it.It seems to be working !UNBELIEVABLE!!! Sorry, that's a lot of "!"...I'll go test it right now and let you know.Charles

Well, I had some time to test it and it seems to be working fine.Sorry to have bothered you but I was turning nuts !Actually, your post gave me the idea to re install simconnect on the client, so thanks again for answering so fast.Best regards.Charles MOULINBy the way congratulations on the SP2 :)