Sign in to follow this  

Flight Plans

HiI have recently purchased ASX and X graphics - produces great results, thanks so far. However, I was wondering the best way to operate with the briefing page for enroute weather at various fixes, I currently use VRoute on VATSIM to produce a flight plan, use FSinn to file it [additional retype], FMC entry also for PIC 737 [even more typing] - but not sure how to get the enroute aspect into ASX for winds aloft etc. Do I need to use the FSX flight planner as well and then import, does not seem to be an option in ASX to add waypoints to a flight - just dpt / arr / alt.I was also considering using FSGlobal 2008 to improve my terrain mesh, are there any issues with ASX and X Graphics to be aware of - hoping FSG08 and XG [does XG improve terrain graphics - have I got that right] will drastically improve my coastlines and hills in Scotland.Hope the above is clear.RegardsRoger - EGPF

I have always used FSBuild for route planning. Gives you the option to save the plan in a wide variety of formats. Just tell it where your ASX is installed and then in ASX just import the plan and your done.

Hi Roger,Thanks for the purchase!No problems using FSGlobal with our products.As long as VRoute is producing a true FSX plan, then you can just directly import it. If ASX give you error messages about the plan, then you need to save the plan in FSX and then import it into ASX.Happy Holidays,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Thanks GuysWill consider FSBuild - although VRoute does a good job - I can see that FSBuild is more advanced.Thanks for the fast responses.Cheers Roger

>I have always used FSBuild for route planning. Gives you the>option to save the plan in a wide variety of formats. Just>tell it where your ASX is installed and then in ASX just>import the plan and your done.Hello, I've created a plan in FSBuild and checked Export to FSX option. What should I do next to export to ASX as you mentioned. Can FSBuild read weather from ASX? Could you pls give some more details on how to do that?Many thanks.