Sign in to follow this  
Guest cjlowe5

ASX in the bundle and Acceleration - Simconnect errors.

Guest cjlowe5

Hi Guys,Just some feedback on the wonderful DIY support around here (seriously).Firstly I'm a newbie to MSFS - first product is FSX but I'm a combat flight sim enthusiast both F4AF and IL2 veteran so no slouch technically (IMHO). I also have the Acceleration expansion installed.I purchased the ASX XG bundle yesterday and rushed home to install it.Read all the readme's and some documentation.Did ASX install first, the setup went without a hitch.When I launch i get a Simconnect is the wrong version or not installed, click OK to continue etc.Next the log shows Error Object variable not defined over and over and over.I hit the forum for answers.Searching Simconnect and I find a possible clue, uninstall FSX SP1 and re-install - should fix it.Unfortunately with Acceleration - this is not an option.What next - antoher search and I find a post (forge the one but thanks heaps)Install the SimConnect client manually form FSX SDK SP1.Problem solvedHope this helps others with similar issues.

Guest cjlowe5

PS.I haven't actually had a chance to fly FSX as yet so perhaps more to come.

Hello and Welcome!What we are starting to discover is that Acceleration does install SP1 but the SimConnect version is not recognized. The fix for now is to install SP1 and then install Acceleration and then everything should be fine.Happy Holidays,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest cjlowe5

Thanks for the reply Jim.I actually did what you suggestedFSX, SP1 then Acceleration but I still got the simconnect error.The only "quick" way to fix was to run the simconnect client setup.I've flown a few free flights and missions with ASX and XG on and wow what a difference. I reflew the Telluride landing mission and when it first started I thought I'd blown my video card - couldn't see a thing out the windows - guess what it was snowing, zero visibility then I heard some radio chatter and on descent we came out of the snow and landed safely. Man what a "Beginner" mission that wasI do have some stutter issues probably CPU related. I notice in the ASX manual there are plenty of performance issue warnings eg Turn this on and you may see performance issues.I looked through the XG manual and there don't seem to be any of these handy hints. Any suggestionsSYSTEM: Intel D915GAG Motherboard circa 2004On board 10/100 LAN, Integrated Realtek Sound Genuine Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.2GHznVidia video card forget the model @ 256MB RAM2.0 GB DDR-400 RAM.2 x 250GB SATA 1 HDDHOTAS CougarXP SP2 all patched up.