Hi-I've installed ASX and I seem to get flashing of the screen as I'm flying and the weather changes subtly. This isn't a scheduled download of weather that I've set for every 30 minutes. Is ASX updating weather as I'm flying over weather stations? Is there a way to minimize this? Also, it doesn't occur when I download the default weather thru FSX.Thanks,Mark

No luck, Jim. Still get a white flash followed by weather change. I don't have SP2 installed. Could this be it?Mark

Hi Mark,Does this go away with wind smoothing disabled? Wind smoothing requires a hard "global" write every 20ish seconds to try and keep winds steady. This may be what is happening.We do have a future service pack coming (in beta now) that should minimize this.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Where is this setting located? I see shear and turbulence under "Winds" but no wind smoothing.Thanks,Mark

You could also try turning of antialiasing if enabled. that might help too. I had some strange things happen with that on but note Im not running on a super up to date machine either.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Hi Jim,I unchecked 'Enable Wind Smoothing' and installed SP2. All is well so far. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for producing great software and have a great holiday!Mark