Sign in to follow this  
Bunchy

Does X Graphics need a Hot Fix?

Hi Jim and Damian.I run XP Pro SP2, FSX SP2, ASX SP2 and XGraphics SP2.MB Asus P5NE Sli plus.E6600 CPU8800GTX Graphics 768MB with 163.75 drivers3GB OCZ PC2 8500 RAMAdd ons are FSgenesis US landclass, World and US mesh, FEX, GEX and UTX USA.I use Xgraphics for runway, taxiway and airport/landing light textures.I have recently performed a clean install of FSX SP1 and SP2, and the above addons.Everything worked fine until I installed the Xgraphics textures. The airport and surrounding textures took on a blue cast and the PAPI lights turned to square red blocks floating above what would be their correct position.(The blue cast is similar to when you turn off red and green channels when your playing with images in photoshop.)I uninstalled FSX SP2 and the textures were then displayed ok.Re-installing FSX SP2 overwrote the Xgraphics textures and the default airport textures are now in place. That's how things stand at the moment.I'm frightened to re-install the Airport textures.Could you please advise?ThanksStu.

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

Hi,Pretty sure it is a video driver issue. There are threads on the main forum dealing with this. It looks like the latest set deal with things better.We are running all different compinations of SP2/Acceleration without graphics issues with X Graphics textures. So I would suggest that our textures are OK to reinstall. Please keep us up to date.Happy Holidays,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

I thought 163.75 were the latest drivers?I'll do some digging.Thanks JimHappy ChristmasStu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

Jim,The new 169.21 drivers resolved the issue.I'm about to upgrade to Vista Home Premium....... wish me luck!Stu

Jim,I have now upgraded to Vista Home Premium 32bit.I have re-installed all my add-ons (see original post)and have the latest nvidia driver 169.25.I installed XGraphics runway and taxiway textures, and bingo, same fault reared it's head.All runway and airport textures are corrupted and surrounding textures are black with red, blue and green stripes dancing through them.It definately looks like a driver issue. Xgraphic textures are the only ones causing this problem though. I can re-install original texture backup to get round this bug.Is there any other work around or advice you can give me?CheersStu

Jim,Tried a series of different textures. Same result though.I've attached a couple of screenies.Thanks.Stu

Sorry, Jim.I tried 169.13 drivers. No joy.It works with latest drivers (169.21...I'm back with XP now, Vista was a stuttering nightmare!) with FSX sp1. but as soon as I install FSX sp2, the problems start.Any other advice greatly appreciated.Stu