Sign in to follow this  
Joe L

XPax - Across a network?

OK, seems as if XPax is available!Will it run across an FS9 WideFS connection? (or similar)?Thanks,Joe Lorenc

Joe Lorenc

Hi Jim,"Not quite yet"Well, I'm 31% downloaded . . . :-hahJust happened to check the site when I saw it was available - hope I'm getting the real deal! :DHappy Holidays to you too!Joe Lorenc

Joe Lorenc

Hi Joe,Well we had things online briefly (but at a private url) for testing, and it looks like you figured it out...We are gearing up for the release, but it has not yet officially started... Looks like you got yourself a sneak preview ;)Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Wow - wish I had used that luck to buy a lottery ticket instead . . .Freak timing - only visited the site a couple of times since it was announced, relying mostly on the forums . . . I'll "mum up" for now then.Joe Lorenc

Joe Lorenc

Hmmm... After installing xpax on my WideFS PC, I get all kinds of errors trying to run it. It comes up to the main XPax screen, with an error. Then just about everything I do, causes an error. And it keeps talking about FSX SP1, and SimConnect. I am running FS9.The errors are "Unhandled Exception".The installation instructions are pretty basic, ( Run Setup.exe , done!)Aside from addon aircraft and addon scenery, I do not run any addons directly on my main FS PC. They all run via WideFS on other PC'sIs there a more detail set of install instructions somewhere for installing XPax on a WideFS pc?

Guest Carl Hackman

OK looks like what is happening is XPax is assuming that you have FSX and sets that as default.We are doing a hotfix now which will sort this issue out.Meantime you can either send me your XPax.cfg which is in your application data folder (normally C:Documents and Settingsuser nameApplication DataHiFi for XP or C:Usersuser nameAppDataRoamingHiFi for Vista) or edit it by setting FSVersion=FS9 which should force XPax to look for and use fs9.ThanksCarl Hackmanhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-dev-sigbanner.jpg

Once I got it working by Selecting FS9 in the app (not the cfg as I just read this message after my flight.). I managed to get it to work and get my flight started. It seemed to work until I got to my destination. Upon arrival, I got a stream of Unhandled Exception errors. I couldn't even save the flight report due to the constant stream of error messages. I didn't capture the exact error, but it was something to do with an index.I will try another flight with the CFG changes

it was 2x3x2 (Level-D 767)I see the hotfix is out now. Just downloaded it. I will install and run it on my next flight (which I am debating out flying now or later.). Hehehe! It's 1:47am, just got home from the bar, not sure I want to do this 2 hour flight I have coming up next on the VPA World Tour 2007 or not. Based on the changes listed in the hotfix info, it sounds like the errors I was having.I'll report back after I have done another flight.-matt

Just an FYI. After the Hotfix, I no longer have any errors, and I was able to complete a flight without any problems. Thanks much for the quick response to these issues!-matt

JimThe manual shows us how to do a network setup with fsx and simconnect, but nothing about the process of how to do this for fs9 and widefs.Can someone run us through the process please?I would buy widefs from pete, but have never used such a setup, need some assistance how this is done.ThanksJannier

Regards
Jannie Roelofse

Flight1 Software Project Manager

Hi there,The WideFS documentation explains this in detail. You simply need to setup your wideclient and wideserver configuration files to match the networking configuration, and ensure that such networking is valid with any firewall hardware/software configured to allow communications.Once you have installed FSUIPC/WideFS and followed the installation steps you should be up and running. Once the client is properly connecting to the server, XPax (and any FSUIPC-based FS9 add-on) will work.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies