Guest paradiseinks

I am trying to run it with FS9 (FS2004) and when I start the program it asks me to designate the FSX installation folder, but since I have FS9 it is not recognizing it. So I click cancel and then I get all kinds of error messages.I have FSUIPC installed...I'm at a loss...help?

Guest knack

Hi in the Options screen you can choose your version of flightsim. The default seems to be FSX but once you've selected FS9 everything works fine.Cheers!Tony

Guest viper040

Its a good start.However with the standard features of fspassengers you have a way to go.1. I'm not happy that I have to fly in "window mode". I don't remember seeing that mentioned anywhere. - This is my main grievience??.It would be cool to say when food is served. Ie. Serve sandwiches, serve drinks etc. Via a link in the toolbar where it shows files options view etc.In this case it would be;Addons - | Xpax - |- Serve Sandwiches |- Serve Hot Food |- Play Movieetc...Company management and earning virtual cash instead of points would be better. Also with the ability to expand the fleet.

Guest Bud

HiWhilst I agree with the idea of food, movies etc a la FSPassengers, I certainly don't agree with the menu bar link - a real no-no in terms of reality IMO. If this functionality is to be provided, maybe a hot key set up is the way to go.Incidentally, was the F1 ATR one of the add ons looked at during testing. I seem to remember some issues in FS9 with FSP.Bud

Guest gilb29

im not understanding this add-on? some help if you could please. it keeps saying fs is not running ? i dont get it. i launch fs through the programme as well

Guest robvleest

Hi,Nice add-on but what would my X-passengers think about the windshifts I am still encountering using Active Sky-X?Although the latest service pack for Active Sky-X improved the issues mentioned all over this board .... it is still not what it is supposed to be. Active Sky-X still produces windshifts and it is not able to create the "as real as it gets" environment when it comes to winds. In other words ..... maybe it would be appropriate to finish an earlier product before concentrating on and releasing a new product? Just a thought....

Hi,"Active Sky-X still produces windshifts and it is not able to create the "as real as it gets" environment when it comes to winds".Correction. FSX produces windshifts when using externally set weather. ASX reduces them."In other words ..... maybe it would be appropriate to finish an earlier product before concentrating on and releasing a new product? Just a thought...."We have SP3 of ASX starting beta now. It does not completely eliminate wind shifts but helps even further. As mentioned we will always continue trying to improve things.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest viper040

It doesn't make sense the fact that passengers can board a plane not knowing where they are going.There should be a interface designed just like fspassengers where you state your departure and arrival destinations. Which then can bring in more options ie. More points for landing at the correct airport, point reduced when landing at the wrong airport unless you announced a detour.With the options with serving beverages it comes into its own, "customer satisfaction". Passengers are happy when their basic needs are filled and get agitated if they have gone out with entertainment or beverages after x amount of time.Alternatively charter flights of short distances will not be affected by this.There is so much you can do but I think you need to have the basics that fspassengers has and improve on them so we have something more workable and life like. Then you can bring in more additions over time.In regards to the menu system. If your running the software on the same machine that it should be able to work in-game without you having to press alt-tab, ie, show vital stats and options in a smaller window that doesn't actually interfere with flight or having to minimize, fly in windowed view. Ie like fspassengers.

Guest ArScAn

>Its a good start.>>However with the standard features of fspassengers you have a>way to go.>>1. I'm not happy that I have to fly in "window mode". I don't>remember seeing that mentioned anywhere. - This is my main>grievience??.>>It would be cool to say when food is served. Ie. Serve>sandwiches, serve drinks etc. Via a link in the toolbar where>it shows files options view etc.>In this case it would be;>>Addons -> |> Xpax -> |- Serve Sandwiches> |- Serve Hot Food> |- Play Movie>>etc...>>Company management and earning virtual cash instead of points>would be better. Also with the ability to expand the fleet.First of all, congrats to hifi products...I already bought asx and xgraphics (bundle) and it's fantastic..even more if compared to other fs add-on's (quality, interface, etc)...now I bought xpax... I liked the result but I also have some suggestions...I totally agree with viper: - I don't like to fly in "window mode" too...Keep changing from fs window to xpax window can spoil the flight...A toolbar link "Add-on" it's definitely missing;- Food, beverage and movies orders should be interesting;- company management, virtual cash, etc, should also be very interesting but I understand that these kind of features are more complex;Keep the good work...

Yesterday I made a flight from Amsterdam-Schiphol to Washington-Dulles (real time) using FSX with the PMDG 747-400X, Active Sky X, X-Graphics, VoxAtc X and, of course, XPax. The flight itself was OK. No problems with the add-ons, but approaching the end of the flight there seemed to be a lot of hard-disk activity going on resulting in this very annoying stuttering of the simulation. I made these kind of flights from EHAM to the US East coast several times before with all the add-ons except for XPax and never experienced this problem. By the way: I had the video option turned off as it is pretty useless and cheapish anyhow. Audio turned on (please make the gate-announcements less repetitive or looping or leave them out alltogether).When parking at the gate on Dulles Int., I Alt-Tabbed (now that's HiFi unworthy, so change that in some menu add-on or something!!) to XPax and watched the diagram as passengers unloaded. Before this was completed I read my score and it said: 350 pax transported. When the passengers had all left the plane, the score was doubled to 700 !!!!Don't know what happened.Also when leaving EHAM for the first time I was paying too little attention to the boarding of the passengers and left too early (yes, my fault). When taxiing to and reaching the active runway I could still hear the gate-PA-system repeating it's senseless (for this flight, that is) announcements. Then I saw that half of the passengers where still at the gate (Alt-Tab too cumbersome, so you miss that information easily) and started all over again. Now I know that I should wait for the on screen ticker telling me that all passengers are boarded.I liked the few announcements on-board at certain parts of the flight(climbing, cruising and descending if I remember well). The rest of the flight it's just the XPax ticker showing up every now and then telling the pax approval rate.Facit: good idea, but needs tweaking and polishing to give that special sense of realism that there are actually 350 passengers behind you, trusting you to get them safely from one continent to another.Digger57

Guest IMM22

Some strange thing appen to me. I board with passengers, the XPax made the connection to FSX, the PAX where satisfed, the plane crach's in a building with the wing...FSX restart's and put the airplane in the starting point, PAX begin to exit, like they have reached the destination, and I get 100 approval ?!?I have the lasteset XPax service pack installed.very strange