I'm making pretty perfect long-distance flight in the PMDG 744.Not sure what causes the degradation of the passenger satisfaction. Seems it routinely goes down over time for no apparent reason. The log is clean. For a trans-Atlantic flight about every 30 minutes I lose another point. Not sure why I would lose points in level cruise in smooth skies.I saw you were looking into the point system. I would think once the seatbelt sign goes off, satisfaction should remain pretty steady, and once we land, passengers are happy again. Hmmmmm.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

>Hi Bob,>>Ever sit behind a screeming kid? How about in front of a>teenager who keeps kicking your seat? I have, and even though>the flight may be smooth as silk I still wasn't too happy!Heck yes. I get your point.My worst personal flight was a last minute booking from LFPG to RJAA in the middle seat in the middle aisle of a 744 with the movie in either French or Japanese. Baby two rows behind me and a man to the left that had a funky smell.Maybe it was me, but JAL's seats seem a little smaller than normal.I couldn't open my laptop, had very little reading material, and my prayers for god to drop an ambien in my lap went unheard.Point taken. :)

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Guest Fortress

>Ever sit behind a screeming kid? How about in front of a>teenager who keeps kicking your seat?No, and no. In all honesty I've never sat in economy. Are we to assume there's a screaming kid and a feckless teenager on every flight?Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/temp/avsim.gifConcorde Training Captainwww.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest RHZ100

>Hi,>>Penalties for "Climb/descend too fast". What consitutes 'too>fast' and is it configurable?>>I see from one of your screenshots a penalty applied for <>-3500fpm descent. This isn't really realistic when applied to>Concorde where 6000+ fpm descents were common.>>>>Cheers,>Paul>http://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/temp/avsim.gif>>Concorde Training Captain>www.bavirtual.co.uk6000 fpm in the decent? The reason the pax are screaming is because their eardrums just burst. Same boat with the 4500, The cabin altitude can't even keep up.To the developers...XPax, guys, great job for the people who fly FSX and have wanted this kind of add-on since everyone with FS9 raves about that other program. I have flown this program with every payware I own, LevelD/PMDG/Flight1 it all performs nicely. It also works nicely with the smaller Cessna 402. If you are worried about the doors, simply de-select auto open doors and your set to go.Great Work!______________________________________-ERJ Driver

Guest Roca46

Hi, first of all thank you very much for such an fabulous program.But I have a small problem, I installed manually one aircraft (placing the folders in the simobjetcts etc etc..)and it isn't in the aircraft list of the program, how can I let the program to recognize my new aircraft? I tried to uninstall it and to reinstall it but it isn't in the list, also my captain name wasn't deleted, this is maybe because when I uninstall it it doesn't uninstall completely?Thank you very much!!PD: Also I installed the update but the problem persists.

"6000 fpm in the decent? The reason the pax are screaming is because their eardrums just burst. Same boat with the 4500, The cabin altitude can't even keep up."It did. In fact, the pressurization systems were so smooth on Concorde, it was often required to surge it slightly to make the passengers aware they needed to clear their ears. Last commercial flight into JFK saw a 15,000fpm supersonic descent, briefly!Sorry to go off topic. Looks like a great product. Whilst I'm here, I must add that it was a pleasure to meet Damian and Jim in Seattle last month. All the best for 2008.Regards,Andrewhttp://www.sstsim.com/images/team/AW.jpg

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

Guest ArScAn

I renamed some airplanes folders (and installed new ones too) but xpax continues to show old names...and ignore the new ones...I've already used xpax with other installed planes and it worked without problems.I wonder if I have to erase or edit some files to make xpax renew the aircraft screen? Could I solve the problem by reinstalling it? I wouldn't like to lose my ranking points...Maybe it could help roca too!Thks!

Hi,If you close XPax and locate/delete the Application DataHiFiAirplanes folder, then restart XPax, everything will reset and re-import.We will be adding a manual refresh/re-import button to make this process easier, and provide a means to get all your aircraft listed when the importer does not recognize them for whatever reason.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies