Sign in to follow this  

rudder pedals???

hi allIs it possible to use CH rudder pedals(standard) with the flightsim yoke USB,would i need a set of drivers just for the rudders???.just got rid of my joystick...chforcefx....now rudders have stopped working..i knew they would, but thought i could get around problem... thx for ideas stevecan't get onto CHPRODUCTS WEBSITE....i think its down??

Guest Lindy

I use the CH standard rudder pedals with a USB Saitek joystick. What you need to do is connect the rudder pedals to a regular analog stick plugged into the gameport. Then connect your USB device. Windows should show you have two controller devices active, and you need to check the box that you "have pedals". Now just calibrate your yoke and in FS you assign the rudder axis to the 2nd controller. You should be all set.Works for me like a charm. Good luck.-Lindy :-wave :-rotor

hi lindy..i had to disconnect my joystick i'm really short of space .i'm in a small room under the stairs...(hehe the film BEAST in the cellar comes to mind)the stick ive got is one of the forceFX ones..its massive.dont need it at all.if there is a way to still use the rudders with out going through the joystick,that would be better for me... thx stevehow do you use the little men icons..mine are just drawn with lines when i try it???

This is a regular request here and as Lindy says, as long as you have an old 'analogue joystick' connected that the CH 'analogue pedals' are connected through, your USB CH yoke will work fine.Just be careful to note that you are setting up the 'hat' and other switches to the 'USB yoke' and not the 'old joystick' and set up the pedals as normal.

Guest Lindy

As far as I know, the pedals have to be connected to something so that Windows "sees" them. The old joystick doesn't have to be accessible for you to use (since you're using a yoke instead). If you don't have room for it on your desk (or wherever your computer sets), maybe you could put it on the floor. Failing that, if you can find an old CH Flightstick (which is what I use).... it has a small "footprint" and can be tucked into a tiny space. I don't know of any company that makes stand alone rudder pedals. Hmmmm, maybe there's a market there! :-doh As for the little men icons....... when you write a post (or answer a post), you should see over to the left of the message window a link for "smilies lookup table." All the little icons are in there.Good luck with your setup......I can't imagine flying or rotoring without rudder pedals.-Lindy :-wave :-beerchug

thx lindyappreciate your help..have to get hold of a smaller joystick,i can hide somewhere best wishes steve