Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

FS2004 & XPAX Install Work Around

Hello,XPAX will not install unless it finds FSX.EXE on your computer. If FS9 is the only installation on your computer, you will not be able to install XPAX. The installation of XPAX will never finish, because it needs to find your FSX.EXE file, which does not exist. Since XPAX never finishes the install, you have no XPAX.CFG file to edit.The only way around this, until its corrected by HiFi, is if you own FSX, and its just not installed on your computer, copy the FSX.EXE file into your FS9 directory. Install XPAX and point it to your FS9 directory.Once installed, you can remove the FSX.EXE file.Now you must edit the XPAX.CFG file and tell it you have FS9 installed instead of FSX.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

That's interesting, as I do not even own FSX and have installed and run XPax.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Hi Brian,When I was installing XPAX for a friend, It did not ask if I was installing to FSX or FS9. When it came time to point toward an FS directory, XPAX wanted FSX and I was unable to go any further. I had to hit CTRL+ALT+DEL and shutdown the install.I had to run home and get a copy of my FSX.EXE file and place it on his hard drive, inside his FS9 directory.Once I did that, the install completed and it created a XPAX.CFG file, all that was left was to edit the config file, change FSX.EXE to FS9.EXE.I guess I should of tried to rename a file to FSX.EXE first, before I ran home.Anyway, I got it working.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I do remember it asking for the FSX directory, and I believe I just hit Cancel...I do agree though, that the installer doesn't seem to be set up very intuitively for an FS9 only install, but it did work for me.There were also a few errors at first run, IIRC, that went away once I was able to select FS9 in the options menu.

Regards,

Brian Doney