Sign in to follow this  
Guest simensa

How to add new airplanes to XPax?

Guest simensa

I added a couple new freeware planes to my FSX /simobjects/Airplanes folder today but XPax will not add them to its listing when I start it up. It already has all my other 3rd party and default aircraft listed though from previous startups.Is there something i can do to make XPax re-read my /simobjects/Airplanes folder and add the new aircraft?Thank you for your continued support.

I have the CLS DC10 and while it seems to have added most of the variants, it seems to choke on the DC10-40's. Adds them to the list, but everything is blank.

Just wanted to bump this, as I also added a couple of a/c to FSX and they do not show up in XPax. I checked the XPax.cfg file and all is correct as far as I know. I have the hotfix installed as well.Was just wondering what the status on this issue is.BTW, is the FSXAppDataPath= supposed to have a value?Thanks guys!

Hey Jim - we meet again :) (sim-outhouse forum)No I haven't sent Carl the aircraft.cfg files because I was thinking it was a more general issue with XPax, and not with individual aircraft.cfg files (that's what I get for thinking)But, I certainly can send them if need be. What I think I'll do first is add a few more aircraft to FSX and see how many, if any, get recognized by XPax. I noticed a similar problem/semi-solution to the XPax aircraft update database issue in "x-pax : Aircrafts performance data" thread.Anyway, as Carl mentioned in the other thread, it's Christmas and you guys need a break. This minor problem can certainly wait until after the holidays.Thanks again, Jim,

Sorry to bump this again, but I have added approx. seven different aircraft to FSX, and none of them get added to XPax. If I delete the aircraft in the FSX folder in "C:Documents and Settingsuser nameApplication DataHiFiAirplanes" and restart XPax, it then does a full scan and the new aircraft are added at that point.Any ideas on what the problem might be.