Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bud

Xpax Videos

Guest Bud

OK, I'm probably doing something dumb here. I have Xpax installed on a remote machine. Everything has gone well, no problems, except the videos all show a night time scene. I'm in the UK and it's day time.I've set the time and date on the FS machine. How do I get daytime vids?Bud

Guest Bud

Just a follow up. Have to say this is frustrating the life out of me. The video issue may well be caused by my media player - can't test it 'out of program' because I can't find the video files. I assume they're hidden somewhere.Like wise can't find the audio files. It would be useful to be able to substitute one or two files I already have for the default ones. Can I not do this?I'm also having trouble with the options screen. I've selected male voice english and activated for each of the three phases. The next time I open the prog and connect, one or two sets have reverted to one or other of the female voices. I've currently inhibited all other voice sets. This seems to work.The cabin diagram appears to ignore my changes. Using the F1 ATR, I make a change to the no. of seats from 60, default, to 40 and check the apply button. When I return to this screen, the seating has reverted to 60.Bud

Guest Bud

OK one more update, then I'll give up, shut up and wait.F1 Atr flight. Manifest - 5 crew, 4 first, 42 coach. Manifest correctly lists the pax; a/craft diagram, however, shows only 2 first and 30 coach all, incidentally, seated on the left hand seats!!I've also updated to the latest media player but still getting the strange nighttime effect videos.Bud

Hi Bud,Let me try and go through your list:1. There is only one set of videos right now and they are a day set, so not sure what you are seeing there. Make sure it is the client machine that has Media Player 11 and that your video drivers are up to date on that machine.2. The audio content selections should stay until you change them or click on the randomize button.3. Have you installed our hotfix?4. For the plane, you may need to manually set up the seating as an "other" plane.5. The video and audio are in: Documents and settings/username/application data/hifi/XPax/contentThanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest Bud

Hello JimI should say I haven't installed the hotfix. I will. Thanks for the location of the files.I have media player 11 and the vid drivers are up to date. The image I get is mainly black with blues and reds 'floating' about. I've run the vids 'out of prog' and get the same effect - I've tried to do a screen capture but all I get is a black screen.The audio selections did change until I disabled all but the one I wanted.I'll try the hotfix - see if it makes a difference.Bud

Guest Bud

I installed the hotfix. The videos are exactly the same. There is, for eg an image of the interior when boarding, but it is mainly black with what I assume are the cabin lights showing as red.As to seating. I set up a flight with the seating as you suggested. This time 5 crew, 3 first and 42 coach. The prog got the crew and first pax right, but diagram only had 40 bums on seats in coach - reasonably spread. The main screen still showed a total of 50 souls on board however.Bud

Guest Bud

Hello JimGot the videos working at last. You were right, it was a vid driver issue. Downloaded nVid 169.21 and this seemed to do the trick. Still got the seating prob tho! Bud

Guest Bud

Hello JimYes it is normally. However on my last test it suddenly became a generic regional. No idea why. Once again tho' the numbers seated as per the diagram did not match up with the number on the manifest nor the total passengers aboard.Bud

Guest Bud

Hello JimSorry. but no this doesn't seem to solve it.I follow the same process each time but I see that most of the time I'm getting a user defined plane, but every so often it comes up as a generic regional. Not sure if it makes that much difference to the operation of the program, or if it;s just an irritation.Bud

Hi Bud,It seems that the problem is with the F1 ATR as a few others have reported this as well. I will report it and I am sure we will look into this in the coming days. I hope you will understand that it will not be today or tomorrow!!Happy Holidays,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest Bud

Hello JimMany thanks. Have a good Xmas.Bud