Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scousefox9

ASX Wake Turbulence Problem

Guest Scousefox9

Hi, I have ASX but I am unable to get any wake turbulence even by spawning behind people. I have the strength set to 100% and I have the SP2 installed. Can anybody help?Regards,Liam

Guest Scousefox9

Hi, my friend uses AS6.5 I think and it seems to work with FSX; when I spawn behind him in a 747, he (who is also in a 747) is knocked insanely to one side and stuff but if he does it to me infront or behind nothing... I will try doing it to one side as you suggested.Regards,Liam

Hi,Also, if you are trying this with a 747 behind a 747, the 747 is not going to notice the wake much. With ASX the wake turbulence simulation is much higher fidelity and looks at several parameters including aircraft weights (both aircraft), landing configuration (dirty, generates more wake), sink and decay over time, etc.Try a C172 behind that 747.Let us know..Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest Scousefox9

Hi, thanks for reply. I tried it in a Mooney Bravo behind king Air and I was blown upside down on approach! I just thought because my friend felt the wake so much in a 747 I would feel it equally but I guess ASX has come a long way from 2004.Thanks for your help, Merry Christmas.Regards,Liam

Last night while coming into WMKK there was this 744 coming from behind me at 450knots (below 10,000 as well) as I was bringing my 733 into the downwind leg and the mongrel past me 1,000 feet below me and about 100 feet to the left and past across the front of me. Looked awesome and I could just about count rivets on the plane. Just after he past me ATC asked me to descend 7,000 feet and when I past what I thought would be turbulence there was not any.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

Hi there,The wake trail may have been missed... or may have dissipated enough to not have a visible effect by the time you crossed it. Remember that wake also sinks over time. Also, the closer you are to the generating aircraft, the less "spread" and drift the trail will have, requiring you to be generally WITHIN 50 feet laterally of the trail. There are many variables at play here and its hard to say, but it sounds like although you were close to the wake, you missed the trail.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies