After one good flight I tried a second flight with the PMDG 744X. Tried to board and it said I had to open the doors. So I opened 2 of the doors and nothing happened. So I tried the Shift-E as it said and it said exit opening and I got 1 passenger on board out of 365. Even though the EICAS said the doors were open nobody wanted to get on. Tried shift E again and another person got on.Thinking it was an issue with the PMDG I changed to the PIC737 and same thing. The door would stay open long enough to let one or 2 thru and close again. Dont know whats going on here?????John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

>Hi John,>>In X Pax on the options screen what do you have the Boarding>Time set to? Try moving this to 1 and Apply. Then try a>boarding again.Thats what I have it set to. The issue was the doors on the plane would not stay open. I used the proper doors on the PMDG 744X and it said the doors were open and the exterior view also showed this but no one climbed on board. Parking brake was set.I pushed shift-e and it said main exit opening, then open and then 1 passenger went on and that was it. Tried again and same thing. Changed planes to the PIC737 and same thing.I did another flight later on and it seems to have come right again but I had opened the doors before connecting XPax. Tried automatic door opening and manual and same result.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

>Are you clicking on the Start Boarding button?Yes, I did. I have done some more flights since then (not using the PMDG 744X) with the PIC737 and they have worked fine except the >30 degree bank angle. I have checked the config file and it says max is 25 and I have put it down to 20 but no difference. Not sure what is causing it but the only way I can control it is to take it into heading mode and do the turn that way and put it back into LNAV mode. This is only the PIC737 at the moment though.Have to say they are pretty harsh passengers as well. Perfect weather, no bumps, good service and the rating still goes down.Can you give any hints as to what affects the ratings so we can avoid them?EditThink I may have found a fix for the >30 bank in the PIC737. There is a separate INI file which has a bank angle figure in it. No way to change it except edit manually which I have done. Will see how it goes but am hopeful.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

Hi John...Unable to duplicate such effect with PMDG 744 or any other aircraft. Is the door CLOSING automatically after this 1 or 2 passenger boarding? What are you setting your manifest to? or Are you just accepting defaults/auto-loadout?If you use a default aircraft i.e. default 747 does this same isssue occur?Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Okay have been unable to reproduce this after time with one session where 2 planes acted the same.However I have found an issue with the PMDG744X and the doors.I open the doors manually with the keys I have set for PMDG and the door opens. The EICAS confirms the door is open. If I call for the jetway with ctrl-j it butts up to that door fine. However XPax insists that the door is closed and I need to open it.If I leave the door closed and do as XPax tells me to press shift-e then I get a message saying main exit opening, then main exit open and they board but if you look there is not actual door open.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

Hi John,Certain add-on aircraft are going to have specialized models and doors that may not conform to the standard of having the first door be the 'main exit'. In this case it is recommended that auto-doors be enabled to make the process transparent, and you can use the special keys for the aircraft-specific doors as required.We are looking into integration potential with advanced aircraft like this so in the future..Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest michsul

I have the same problem the the PMDG747-400, but only this is in FS9. About the second time I used XPax, suddenly the doors are not opening inside of FS9. The mapping is working fine. The doors on the 747 are opening, but I'm not getting the green banner inside the simulator saying exit opening or exit closing. Thus, I cannot use other programs that monitor door status, such as FSPassengers, as FS9 is not "opening" the doors. This just started. All was fine until I started FS9 one day and it started rebuilding scenery files as if I had added new scenery...which I hadn't. Then the door problems started.All my other aircraft work fine, including the 737NG series. Everything else appears to be working fine, also. Has there been any information about how to resolve this?Thanks for the helpMike

Hi Mike,In X Pax, are you using the Auto-Door option that Damian spoke of?Also make sure your X Pax is Build 350.I hope this helps.Thanks,

Guest michsul

Yes, I have build 350Yes, I had the "Automatically open doors" checked. I turned the option off FS still sees the exit closed. This ONLY happens with the PMDG 747-400. Everything works correctly with all of the other default and 3rd party aircraft - including the PMDG 737NG series.Graphically, the exits open. FS9 just doesn't recognize them as open. Weird, isn't it?Thanks again for the helpMike

Hi,Well, that might be one of those odd models that Damian wrote about in his last post in this thread.Thanks,