Sign in to follow this  
Guest wrdekler

Installing X graphics textures never finishes

Guest wrdekler

Hi,when I select the option to install X graphics textures, the message box which says please wait while installing never goes away.I've examined what's happening in procmon and it seems that the Xgraphicsenigine.exe program works as expected:Near the end installtheme.log is written and the last entry is ThreadExit (SUCCES).I guess that Activesky never sees that the program has ended succesfully...? However, in the taskmanager, the Xgraphicsengine.exe proces is still active. The only way to get rid of the message is terminate this process manually.My configuration:FSX SP2ASX + Xgraphics SP2Vista X86, 2MB, Core2duoNvidia 7600GT, latest WHQLthanks!Wanne.

Hi there...There should be a "success" dialog message that comes up from XGraphics, asking for an "OK" press. It sounds like this dialog is not showing for you for whatever reason. You SHOULD be able to alt-tab to it or minimize ASX to see it. This problem was specifically addressed in SP2 of XG. Can you confirm you have installed the SP2 XG update (needs separate install vs. ASX SP2 update)?Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest wrdekler

Hi Damian,The problem is indeed caused by a hidden OK box. It took me a while to replicate because everything works fine if you just click on install textures. But I found out what went wrong:When you press install textures, it takes about 5 seconds for the progress indicator to appear. If you go to another application BEFORE this box appears (for exampe Google Earth) the progress indicator remains hidden, including the OK message when it's ready.The Xgraphics build number is 298, so that should be the SP2 version.thanks for the support and happy holidays!,Wanne.