HiI recently upgraded to a DX10 card (8800 GTS) and ever since, I've noticed that my fog/haze is sky blue. It looks horrible and am trying to figure out what the problem may be. I haven't changed anything aside from installing the card and updating the driver to the most current.Anyone had this problem or know how i can fix it?I'm running Vista32 and FSX SP2

Noah Bryant

HiAnd your running with DX10 Preview ON ?If yes, then there is some object you are using that are not fully DX10 FSX-SDK compliant.Like a aircraft,scenery or a textureI have seen this happen with various senarios, like when you turn on Lightbloom.You will have ot experiment to see what your culprit is.RegardsJannier

Regards
Jannie Roelofse

Flight1 Software Project Manager

I've tried it with Directx 10 preview on and off. When the weather is okay and the visibility is good, it looks fine, but when the visibility is low it looks awful because it looks like blue skies that fade away 1/4 mile away and you cant see any clouds. Especially because the snow/precipitation is white it clashes a LOT. I've tried messing with a lot of different settings in FSX and in ASX. Another problem I had was when I had visibility graduation and fog layer simulation enabled, it would display unlimited visibility. The attached screenshot shows what it looked like when the wx was supposed to be 1/4 mile visibility at KDEN.But I dont think the two are related.

Noah Bryant

Guest Werd

I have the same thing with xp and dx9 - the fog has the same color as the sky. So I just installed an other sky color scheme in xgraphics.

i thought about it but I didn't think it would work, I'll give it a try...

Noah Bryant

ya i kind of feel like a retard now, but changing the sky them fixed it. I guess I didn't expect a fix like that to work but it did. I still have the problem that while in the Preview DX10 mode i dont get any fog at all, but at least it's playable now...thanks for the help!

Noah Bryant