Sign in to follow this  
Guest roadhoguk

Simconnect + ASX + FSX = headaches. Please help.

Guest roadhoguk

Oops ..posted this in the in another topic further up the page :) but think it should be here.OK, i purchased a FSX DVD and installed.and was running with no problems, then i thought i would like to get ASX so this afternoon i bought it and downloaded it and sat back and looked forward to once again having to deal with windshear and jetwash . However it has a problemOn ASX startup i get the message " SimConnect (SP1 version) was not able to be loaded..this is required for operation with FSX! ASX will continue to operate but will not update FSX weather".??/ok a quick visit to the fs forums and i download and installed sp1...sp2..and the SDK just in case and installed..started up the ASX again and still get the same problem.???Googled the problem message and found another piece of advise to uninstall the x86 file in windows,then insert disc one and repair as this would sort it.... did it and still the same message comes up..???Found another advise page through Google and was informed to install the SimConnect-0.7 direct into the my-docs folder of FSX...did it and still get the same message.even when it starts i get "recieve problem: Object Variable or with block variable not set (error) source ="Please can someone tell me what on earth is going on.Sys specsIntel quad care running at 3.4GhzXFX 680SLi moboXFX 8800GTX Ultra2GB Corsair Twin proWindows XP SP2Add ons FSUIPCTraffic2005 FSX version (now uninstalled to try and troubleshoot)

Hi there,There is a problem with FSX installation / update processes which can sometimes fail to install a non-corrupt simconnect.dll or managed simconnect .dll, both of which are required for operation with add-ons such as ASX.Unfortunately the "fix" is not always easy. And unfortunately MS does not provide a way to allow us to distribute required files and place them where they need to go.We'd love to get rid of these problems, which seem to affect about 1 in 20 users, but unfortunately most of it is beyond our control as it is an inherent problem with FSX.I would recommend that you follow our simconnect troubleshooting chapter (in ASX documentation) which has some steps for you to follow. If you are unable to get simconnect SP1 installed properly you may need to either contact MS support or re-install FSX to get things right.Please let us know..Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest roadhoguk

OK its now working ok after some work,First i uninstalled ALL FSX files inc sp1 and 2, Then removed ALL references to FSX in the registry and deleted the 3 Win SxS folders in windows, followed by a complete uninstall of ASX in both program files and the Registry, I should warn anyone else that the regisrty is a dangerous place to be and you MUST ensure that the registry key you are about to delete is the correct one for the program you want removed.... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.. if in doubt back it up.I then re-installed FSX completely..activated the product but did NOT start it up, then downloaded SP1 and installed it, Re-installed ASX and it came up with the X-Gauge install screen, this refused to load with the message " unable to locate FX share folder" clicked ok anyway, and was told installation complete. Started ASX and it actually worked, started FSX and the magical ASX Weather strip appeared at the top of the screen..... BRILL... Shut down FSX and ASX.Navigated to the folder for HiFi software and opened the X-Gauge folder to run the .exe. this time it completed, and ASX started as normal.You will notice that at this stage i have NOT installed sp2 nor any other 3rd party add ons for that matter, I will attempt to add these within the next few days and if any complication come to light i will add to this post.Add ons to be installed,FSTraffic 2005 DVD edition with FSX support ( i have Traffic2006 but have lost the key)FSPassengers ** this should be available for FSX at the end of January.I hope that this has been of some help to others out there who are having this problem.