Sign in to follow this  
Bryn

Can I negotiate weather and hold at the destination...

Hi,Is there any way to set up ASV6.5 so that I can have both the following:(a) I can negotiate difficult weather enroute (eg thunderstorms) without it suddenly disappearing and making my path offset useless.(:( When the weather is bad at my destination, I can hold in the hope the weather gets better (with ASV depicting changes if it does get better).Cheers for any help!Bryn.

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

Hi Bryn,For a: Increase your Suppression Range to 200. That will help there.For b: As in real life you can fly a holding pattern in hopes that the weather improves. If it does get better ASV will depict this as long as you are above your Suppression Ceiling and your Update Interval is low. Remember however that METARs are updated once an hour, so you may need to hold for that long.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Thanks Jim.If I have TAF dynamics turned on, will this lead to changes at my destination if the TAF forecasts a change before a new metar is available? Cheers,Bryn.

Sorry Jim - another question occured to me...If I have 200 mile suppression radius and I'm holding 15 miles from my destination airport (albeit above the suppression altitude), does that mean weather won't update at my destination airport?Cheers,Bryn.