Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Simconnect and ActiveSky X - IT WON'T WORK

Hello,I now have a new install of Windows XP Pro. I just installed FSX and SP1 and SP2. I install your ActiveSky X program and all I keep getting is Simconnect Error ActiveSky X will load but will not update FSX's weather. Whats the point of Activesky X running if it won't update FSX's weather?.Numerous Installs It Does Not Work!!!Install #1I have now reinstalled Windows XP Pro with SP2, Net Framework 2.0, FSX and ActiveSky X, it does not work, simconnect error.Install #2I have now reinstalled Windows XP Pro with SP2, Net Framework 2.0, FSX, SP1 and ActiveSky X, it does not work, simconnect error.Install #3I have now reinstalled Windows XP Pro with SP2, Net Framework 2.0, FSX, SP1, SP2 and ActiveSky X, it does not work, simconnect error.You gotta be kidding me, did someone test this before release!!!. $70.00 for this addon with with X-Graphics and it won't install on a fresh system.So Now What Do I Try?.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hello,I have now also tried the following.1. Installed Windows XP Pro2. Installed Windows XP Pro SP23. Installed Net Framework 2.04. Installed FSX5. Installed FSX SP16. Installed ActiveSky XI get the following: SIMCONNECT ERROR--------------------------------------Then I tried1. Installed Windows XP Pro2. Installed Windows XP Pro SP23. Installed Net Framework 2.04. Installed Activesky X5. Installed FSX SP1I get the following: SIMCONNECT ERROR--------------------------------------Then I tried1. Installed Windows XP Pro2. Installed Windows XP Pro SP23. Installed Net Framework 2.04. Installed Activesky X5. Installed FSX SP1 & SP2I get the following: SIMCONNECT ERROR--------------------------------------Then I tried1. Installed Windows XP Pro2. Installed Windows XP Pro SP23. Installed Net Framework 2.04. Installed FSX5. Installed FSX SP1 & SP26. Installed ActiveSky XI get the following: SIMCONNECT ERROR--------------------------------------Then I tried1. Installed Windows XP Pro2. Installed Windows XP Pro SP23. Installed ActiveSky X4. Installed FSX5. Installed FSX SP1I get the following: SIMCONNECT ERROR--------------------------------------Then I tried1. Installed Windows XP Pro2. Installed Windows XP Pro SP23. Installed ActiveSky X4. Installed FSX5. Installed FSX SP1 & SP2I get the following: SIMCONNECT ERROR

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Is this on your main FSX computer ?I assume its on your networked PC..Take a close look at your SimConnect.xml files and for setting up for the first time I generally set the IP addresses instead of the PC name.Did you run the Simconnect.msi installer?For testing there is a aitraffic.exe in your SDK samples folder for testing.Take it 1 step at a time and be sure to make sure the configurations are correct.. I took a couple of hours of headache because one section of my config file had a FALSE in it..... so slow and steady..The only really important thing is that the versions are the same. I don't think there is any real rocket science about this.

Hello,This is "Not" a networked system. FSX and ActiveSky-X are both on the same computer.

Then run the simconnect.msi. Unless you have some squirrely protection system on your PC you shouldn't need much else.Does the AI TRAFFIC.exe work ?

Hi,Well, I don't know what happened. After another re-install using one of the methods listed above it works. I just don't get it. My install yesterday was one of the "SAME" installs I performed initially, yet it now works (go figure).What A Pain In The You Know What.