Sign in to follow this  
hariseldon

( airliners ) stall / overstress with ASX ?!

hi,I've recently reinstalled FSX from scratch:FSX, SP1, SDK, SP2, acceleration pack, and the addons:ASX - Sp1 + Sp2X-graphics - Sp1 + Sp2Flight Environment XGround Environment XUltimate Terrain XGlobalFS2008FSDiscoverUltimateTrafficXNavGraphno tweak made to any utility (except for ASX: I unchecked Skyscape mode to avoid compatibility issues with FEX, and disabled auto fog layer generation and reduced clouds generation to avoid visibility issues in fair weather), flawless installationsmy problem:I've just tried to fly two airliner flights, with real weather updates and realtime, and in both cases I had airframe overstress / stall (in one case on the descent, in the other all the way from takeoff to altitude), and I could not complete or progress into the flights until I tried to fly without ASX: thence the flights went correctlyhelp, please

Hi,Sorry for the problem.Is it that your airspeed goes up and down or is it that your airspeed goes to zero?If it is airspeed going up and down, that is from wind shifts. We are still working on that area. Turn off winds aloft or disable crash detection in FSX. Others have found that having Virtual Stations off sometimes helps.If airspeed goes to zero, that means your PITOT heat is not on and should be on. Use shift/h to turn this on.Thanks!Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

thanks Jim:my airspeed went to zero...sorry for my misunderstanding of terms: in 747s PITOT heat means DE-ICE switch?, because in that aircraft shf-h doesn't seem to produce any effect on panels or on flight either ... to me ;-) anyway, if it happened for a mistake of mine, why without ASX there was no stall / overstress ? and strangely it never happened to me before, flying big airliners ...a better environment influence on airframe by ASX?

Hi,No, I don't think it is the De-Ice switch. Best to use shift/h even though nothing happens on a panel. Do this when you first start a flight and leave it on for the entire flight.Why with ASX? Better weather data, but no influence on the airframe.Please keep us informed.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

I get overstress every once in a while in FSX/ASX, when the speed jumps over 50 knots in a matter of a second or two. And the scenery starts moving somewhere sideways at this moments.

Jim, I honestly think there's a problem in FSX code. I get the same with FSMeteo and even with FSX's weather, but in more subdued form, not that severe. There IS something wrong in FSX, because every time I take off, there's a moment (I think even without weather) or two, when the ground seems to go sideways beneath you. Hard to explain, only feelings here, but it looks like they tried to simulate some air physics or phenomenon,and they overdid it. Or did it inadvertently. Of course, if you can subdue or smooth it out with ASX, that will be great. I hope you'll also keep compatibility with FSX SP1 before moving on further from that. But don't look for the answers in ASX alone. I don't feel like it is an ASX's problem in the first place. But what do my feelings cost, lol?Cheers,Dirk.

Yes, sure, sorry if my description made you think I meant something else. :)

>Hi,>>No, I don't think it is the De-Ice switch. Best to use shift/h>even though nothing happens on a panel. Do this when you first>start a flight and leave it on for the entire flight.>>Why with ASX? Better weather data, but no influence on the>airframe.>>Please keep us informed.>>Thanks,>Jim>>http://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpg>http://www.hifisim.com/hi Jim, are you still there?definitely ASX has some "affair" ;) with FSX-SP2-ACC often weird aircraft behaviours keep on happening: i.e., other than with airliners, within Microsoft's F18 carrier missions the weather suddenly changes, and the aicraft shudders, but worst of all the altimeter and speed indicator go astrayif I play those missions without ASX, the flight flows correctlyit never happened until 2 months ago, without SP2&ACC (consider that I fly ALL aircrafts available, everywhere and everytime)please, would you suggest a solution different than uninstall SP2&ACC, I wouldn't like to leave F18 and UH60thanks

Hi,The missions come with pre-set weather that is supposed to be used during such mission. Using a weather add-on will result in unpredictable results.You can still fly these aircraft without doing the mission.If you have specific problem with altimeter and airspeed please give us some details and we'll investigate.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

>Hi,>>The missions come with pre-set weather that is supposed to be>used during such mission. Using a weather add-on will result>in unpredictable results.>>You can still fly these aircraft without doing the mission.>>If you have specific problem with altimeter and airspeed>please give us some details and we'll investigate.>>Best,You're doing a great job, guys. :)