Sign in to follow this  

i have to say it not an easy process to install this programme over a networki have now been battling with it for the past 6 hours with no luck.i have installed it many times before and set it up sucessfully in the end on every ocasion admittedly after spending hours in the process. This time ive had enough i get the message simconnect could not be loaded when i start asx and also the graphics are all scewed to one side as ive seen before thsi suggests all is not well but ive re installed and re installed 5 or 6 times and still the same. I know its my fault but its so hard to do. can someone past a copy of the simconnect.xml because . I have installed the sdk sp2 and used the .msi from that to run on the client machine i dont know what els e to dothankskavan

Hi,Just take your time and follow the Network chapter step-by-step. Sometimes it helps walking away for awhile. Here is the blank xml file. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?> - SimConnectSimConnect.xmlFalse - FalseIPv4global

myserveraddress
645004096False- FalseAutolocalThanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

thanks but what is causing the deformed asx interface on the client machine? the center of it is all pushed over to one side and buttons are missing this must be somthing else that is wrong tookavan

is there an asx sp1 that i should be installing before sp2?

Hi,1. No, just have SP2 installed. Our updates are inclusive.2. See if your font size is Normal and 96dpi, though we do have AS set up to use other sizes.3. Can you run the AI traffic utility from the client and have things connect?Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

ok solved thankswas the screen resolution that was causing the display problemas for the message well i dont know how i fixed it but it gonekavan

Hi Jim,I get the same error message and I have v1.00.1056 installed on the client machine. XP font size is set to Normal, and I can run AI Traffic.exe successfully. Your FAQ item re this appears to suggest that I uninstall FSX SP1 on my Vista Home Premium server only and then re-install it. I distinctly remember, though, that on installation of FSX SP2, FSX SP1 was explicitly deleted by the SP2 installation process. Thus, it is not listed as present.Does your FAQ need to be updated in the light of SP2 availability? If not, what should I try? Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Hi Richard,In the future please start a new thread. "me too" type posts on an existing support thread that has been solved already tend to get missed.In your case uninstalling SP2 and re-installing it will accomplish the same thing. I assume you are referring to the "Simconnect SP1 not found" error?Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Thanks Damian,Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx