Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightpro08

Problem with Simflyers IAD

Guest Timbo

Hi,I purchased Simflyers IAD and I've been having some weird problems with it. First of all, when I pan around the aircraft, some of the ground textures flicker. The second one is while I'm at the terminal, my own gate will sometimes dissappear and reappear.Any ways to fix these?Thanks![TABLE BORDER=0][tr][td]

[/td][/tr][tr]

[td]

[/td][/tr][/TABLE

Hi Tim,I noticed the same things. As to the disappearing gate, I suspect it's trying to optimise performance - they've designed it so that objects become visible once you're very close to them. Your position is determined by the viewpoint, so when you're panning around the aircraft, it assumes you are moving away from the gate and then come back again.The flickering textures go away once I turn down terrain mesh complexity (60% or below works on my computer). I have no idea if that's specific to my setup, or if it can be reproduced. Try it and see if it works. If so, maybe that's something that can be fixed by Simflyers - I found them most helpful when I had some problems with their scenery.Cheers,Gostahttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest Edam

I don't mean to be disruptive, but it's something that I've been curious about. Why is it that, many times, questions are asked about various developers work *here,* when the developers have their own support Forums? Be it Lago, PAI, ActiveSky, FSD, or whoever? Wouldn't it be more appropriate to ask such questions there?

Guest flightpro08

Heya Timbo,>First of all, when I pan around the aircraft, some of the ground textures flicker.What time of the day does this occur? Does it happen at other add-on sceneries/default MS sceneries? Sounds to me like a video card driver issue.>The second one is while I'm at the terminal, my own gate will sometimes dissappear and reappear.This problem is a bit easier to fix. As another user mentioned above, Simflyers has drastically turned down the visibility of some objects to help out with frame rates, and the gates/service armada is no exception. Your gates will dissappear and reappear if your visibility setting is right on the "border line" of the visibilty setting of the scenery. To keep the gates from dissappearing, simply do this:1. Go to Views in the FS2k2 taskbar2. Select View Options3. Select Spot View4. Set the "Distance" option to 300ft or less5. Set the "Altitude option to 100ft or lessYou can play around with these numbers, but the 300/100 setting works great for me. Hope this helps. :-)Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)SAN TRACON Lead ASRC (Advanced Simulated Radar Client) Beta Tester-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 30.30 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click [link:ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=&Author=Ryan+Fretwell&CatID=Root]Here to Download my American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!