Sign in to follow this  

Is this normal?

Here's the link to update your '.air' file (you have to edit the air file and put in these replacement entries). This should give you much more realistic flight dynamics for the 767.http://www.avenue.org/dante/POSKYFix.htm#POSKY300ERMaint

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Thank you dilloll0. I really appreciate the link and your effort. Merry Christmas, and a Happy New year.HAFIZI AZMALMalaysia

No problem, you have a good Christmas as well.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Trim acts to relieve control pressures, and should not have any affect on AOA / pitch attitude.Sounds like the airplane may be travelling too slowly at 65% N1 and is therefore compensating with a higher deck angle.

Wow, guys. A lot of stuff to learn...I think I have to fly more big iron instead of these T-38... ;-)Merry Christmas!Greetings,Danny(from germany, so please be kind about my "english")

Thank you for your reply Dennis.I flew at 65% N1 at an airspeed of around 290Kts on the planes. Isn't that fast enough?

I don't think any of us here is out to judge anybody else'e English - as long as we can understand one another that should be good enough. Anyway I think your English is very good, give yourself more credit OK? :)Anyway I ditched POSKY's FSDS 747s for MelJet's! Meljet's 747s on the other hand are very overpowered, though somewhat graphic intense and tends to crash the game.

Guest Liam

Hey there,If you are thinking of using the Meljet aircraft make sure you change and get the updated aircraft.cfg/. Go to Meljets site, and at the bottom of the downloads page for the 747 you will find a cfg file, that will allow you to use the PSS airfile. This will replace that horrible feeling of over acceloration.With the Meljet airfile I managed to make a quite heavily laden 744 climb straight to FL340 at around 1500fpm all the way....go figure....replacing the aircraft.cfg and using the PSS air file, got me back to having to reduce my fpm to 500ft per minute in the latter part of the climb.Check it outLiam

HAFIZI :Just wanted to add my opinion, which relates to Uwe's post #6. I think he's absolutely right, in that "the attitude (better: angle of attack) of the aircraft in clean configuration is determined by speed, weight and altitude." Very rarely will a heavy trans-continental jet loaded with fuel climb straight to final cruise altitude without first shedding some of the enormous weight imposed by full fuel tanks. Most likely it is your "heavy" takeoff weight which is slowing you down thus causing the deck angle to increase nose up in an attempt to maintain the altitude setting you dialed into the autopilot. My advice would be to do as the airlines do, and use a "step" climb, sometimes referred to as an initial cruising altitude. If you want to climb to FL 340, go first to say FL 280, burn off some fuel, then climb on up to 340 after say an hour or two, assuming you're flying long haul flights. If the flight is a shorter one, than reduce the amount of fuel you have in the tanks on takeoff. Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Hey Alex, thank you for your reply. I guess I still have a lot to learn, huh? :) Anyway I'll do what you just told me.Regards,HAFIZI AZMALMalaysia