Sign in to follow this  

After DX9 instal and updated to 41.09 drivers G3D.dll f

Well my subject says it all, anyone have any ideas why I always get a G3d.dll failure. Please note my AMD CPU is running hot aroun 75 C.

75C? That's pretty darn hot. Your chip is on the verge of burning out. I highly recommend you take action asap to cool that sucker down or you're going to lose your computer all together. I'm sorry, I don't know about the G3D.dll problem you are experiencing.

G3d.dllI have had that error when their is somthing conflicting with the drawing of scenery during the loading process, mostly though on addon scenery. Pehaps it is also a heat related problem to.Turn your computer off and give Santa a BUZZ and ask for some more cooing buddy...my PC never get above 90F.Thats all I can offer you.Merry Christmas

Dang. I've got the same problem with G3D.DLL failures. With my set-up, it seems to be related only to one scenery area (that I've so far discovered, although there may be more). The problem is intermittent, though. Sometimes everything loads fine, then the second time around in the same area, I get the G3D.DLL error. I've tried removing the add-on's, the landclasses, the meshes but I've had no consistent success. I've tried restoring back to pre-DX9 and rolling back the video driver to an earlier version, but the problem remains.BTW, my P4 is running fine at 44 degrees C.Doug

I'm certainly no expert, but I happened to install DX9 and the 41.09 this week-end. I installed the drivers first and then DX9 (not that it was on purpose, just accidental). Everything works fine (AMD 1.4, 512, GF3, 98se). So maybe installing the drivers first makes a difference... just my 2 leptas.