Sign in to follow this  

What was your last FS2002 flight?

Guest LonelyplanetXO

A couple of weeks ago I downloaded a beautiful Dassault Rafale package so decided to learn to fly it properly. I started at Champagne, Reims and flew about 20 local sorties just learning to fly the plane well, in varied conditions. Included was carrier trap practice on the Charles DeGaull located off the Southern French coast near Brest.Having learned the new ship & it's foibles then flew a marathon delivery mission over several days in my shiny(!) Dassault Rafale M - from Champagne Reims, Fr to Tainan, Taiwan. (Taiwan shortlisted the Rafale but they ended up with the F16, unfortunately). That was hard work as the range is limited to about 700nm max and theres a bug in the autothrottle which causes it to periodically disengage (advisory: dont use it). Flight plan was :LFSR Champagne, LFTH LePalyvestre Naval, (Southern France), LIRF Fuimicino (Rome),LICR Reggia Calabria (Southern Italy),LGTL Castelli (Corsica), HELX Luxor (Southern Egypt, arriving on fumes), OEGS Gassim(Saudi),OMDB Dubai (UAR),OOMS Seeb (Oman),VARK Rajkot (India),VANP Nagpur,VEBS Bhubaneswar,VOPB Port Blair (Andaman Is.)WMKP Penang, (Watch VOR - very short range)WSSS Changi (Singapore)WBGR Miri, (Malaysia)RPLB Subic Bay (Phillipines)Destination: RCNN Tainan (Taiwan)Last flight? Having arrived safely at Tainan, I replaced the French livery with RoCAF markings, flew to Taipei for an aerobatic display, then turned South & flew to CVN70 USS Vinson, an arrcab addon carrier off the coast of Taiwan. A slightly hairy but successful carrier trap followed.What next? Well, I see theres NAS Fallon weapons range scenery on this site. I suppose my carrier might sail to SanFrancisco Bay ;-) for a joint exercise with the Americans - I could fly sorties from there to the weapons range.Where to find the rafale: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gmaxflight2002/Arrcab & carriers: http://www.speakeasy.org/~rhogen/arrestorcables.htmCarrier Charles de Gaull: http://joel.maillot.free.fr/fs2k2_Porte_avions1.htmlLonelyplanetXO - with wayyy to much time on his hands lol

Yesterday flew IFR from Southwest Florida Intl KRSW to St Petersburg-Clearwater Intl KPIE in my new Cessna 172 SP at 12,000 feet. Default C172 with Ron Fremuth's Air and cfg files and the follwing panel:

Guest oyvindhansen

I took a break from the serious stuff and drove a Ford 1934 model from FCR Ranch (Bill Lyons freeware) through the woods up to Flagstaff airport. Once there i took off in the Ryan STA (Bill Lyons $$$) and followed the road back to the ranch where I landed at the small dirtstrip. I can assure you it was a bit more relaxing than all that 767PIC flying.A happy christmas to everyone!- Oyvind

Last night I flew the Altair Virtual Airlines 747-400 from VHHK, Kai Tak in Hong Kong (Roger Moles Kai Tak)to RCTP, Chiang Kai-Shek in Taiwan. Only excitement was when I looked out the port window and saw a British Airways ai plane heading right for me after it had left VHHH, about 10 feet below me. I pulled back on the yoke, closed my eyes and hoped for the best ;) Made it somehow. Other than that, it was an uneventful flight.KP

Last night I flew the IK DC-9 service release candidate 2 from KLAX-KTUS, routing was LAXX4.TRM.J169.GBN.DINGO5 - the plane performed very well!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest ssurjap

In Flightsim, it's 12/22 from KSTL-KJFK.In real life (as a passenger) on 12/23 from KLAX-KJFK.I will be flying home (as a passenger again) on 12/29 from KJFK-KLAX. I'll also be flying on Flightsim from KJFK-KSTL.Steven

US Airways flight 5314 from Pittsburgh to Elmira-Corning at the same time my mother in law was flying the route. I didn't have a decent Embraer 145 so I used the DC-9 with the correct livery. Nice short flight with a terrain warning as I approached KELM. Must have gotten too close to Harris Hill.

Guest Rockcliffe

Dreamflight Archer from Long Beach to Catalina Island, nightflight, VFR with Activesky. Wanted to check out the scenery after seeing the approach and landing photos posted earlier in this forum.Cold, windy and drizzly so I didn't see much of the terrain and the low ceiling made me glad I was on approach over water. I'll go sightseeing tomorrow if the weather improves.

Guest P3_Super_Bee

Wanted to try something a little different.I did a flight transporting UN inspectors. My flight was from Bahrain Int'l (OBBI) to Basrah Int'l (OMRR). Used an AN-26 in UN colors. Was a pretty uneventful flight. *don't know if UN is actually going to Basrah or not, nor if they use the AN-26, last time I was in Bahrain they were using C-130's.But hey this is flight sim..Jeff "Ace" FreyEwa Beach, Hawaii

KMIA to KSEA, 767PIC, FSMeteo, departed RWY 9L, landed RWY 16L, quite strong headwinds enroute ( 130 kts at times, at FL390. )