Sign in to follow this  

If I had the money I would buy =

Intensor LX Tactile Feedback ChairThis summer I had a chance to fly a Zlin and after this flight I understood that my FS2002 is missing something to bring full realism. This is part of Ross word Firstly, FS2002. I used my Supermarine AW Spitfire version 2 for the first test flight. On the taxi apron at Coningsby sitting with a dead engine I switched on. Nothing from the chair! I thought, oh dear, before realising that you would not "feel" the sound of a switch clicking. Set mixture and hit the starter. The chair came to life as soon as the engine gave its first cough. It was amazing. As the engine went from rough unbalanced rotation to a smooth idle I could feel every changing harmonic through my back and through my butt. Taxiing out gives no less an impression of movement, for example, I was checking out over my right wing using trackIR and went slightly off line, my left wheel running onto the grass at the left hand side of the taxiway, I knew this without looking round because the chair immediately changed the feedback in my seat base enabling me to correct line even as I was looking back towards the front of the aircraft. Very handy with the restricted view forward in a Spit. Lined up on the runway first stage flap was engaged and could be felt but not strongly, which is how I would imagine it to be in a real Spit. Full throttle, stick forward and away I went, at this point finding it difficult to explain the reality of the feedback suffice to say that I could feel airframe vibration, engine thrust, runway rumble all at the same time and changing as speed increased and the tail came up. Lift off at 90 knots and everything changed again, faithfully reflecting the lack of ground surface. Wheels up, a smooth vibration followed by a thump in the butt as the wheels locked up in to their wells, followed by flaps. I checked they had retracted by looking at the wing, but I didn`t really need to as the chair had let me feel the experience. Set cruise throttle and I swear if this chair had a motion table under it I would die happy. Landing provided the same quality of feedback. Other aircraft produced their own unique blend of feedback proving the chair really interprets each individual sound wave as it should be, and not just a generic rumble or vibe.http://www.edimensional.com/products.htmlhttp://www.cuic.ca/seroka/lo14.jpg

Guest gasebah

Well before you spend your money on this one, I would suggest you go here: www.vrf.com.I have it and it rocks. The big advantage is that you can sound configure the thing to the finest detail with the software provided. So for example you can fade out the effect that ATC is suddenly rumbling you #####. It does not work with a woofer but with electro motors that are able to throw a book from the chair. It is still in kind of a beta stage as the intellivibe modules are not avaialable yet, but if you know the basics abut sound equalization you can configure it to maximum performance not only with FS2002 but even with every single plane separately.Alex

"www.vrf.com."_Very_ interesting ! :-boomLucky me, am getting edimensional 3D glasses for XMAS (I'm pretty sure the wife is hinting), but birthday comes very soon afterward. :-kewl"not only with FS2002 but even with every single plane separately."Do you mean that you can make and save an 'effects' configuration file for each plane, and then load the one specific to the very plane you are about to fly? :-rotor"So for example you can fade out the effect that ATC is suddenly rumbling you #####." How is it possible (good) to turn down the effects produced just by ATC sounds, while not also (bad) reducing the effect for say the engines being played by the sound card at the same time? }>Please consider asking AVSIM for you to do a product review! :-cool== WHK ==

Guest gasebah

>Do you mean that you can make and save an 'effects' configuration >file for each plane, and then load the one specific to the very >plane you are about to fly?Absolutely. The setup works kind of like an equalizer, but much more powerful. There are many, many settings to alter the sound the intellivibe unit will "hear" and turn into rumnling, vibration, and other effects. Of course you can store and load these. So you find a setting for airplane 1, store it, then airplane two...you get the picture.>How is it possible (good) to turn down the effects produced just by >ATC sounds, while not also (bad) reducing the effect for say the >engines being played by the sound card at the same time?You do that by simply supressibng the frequencies that human voice uses. So the unit will not hear them and also will not react to them. If you look at the chair it can only work with subbass. So it will not consider any effect that is not below let us say 150Hz or so. I call that reducing.I add a picture of the control panel so you can "get the picture" ( kinda funny).Trust me on this. I am using it with every flight since 6 month. If I forgot to turn it on I immediately notice, because if you are used to it the whole sim experience becomes suddenly totally flat if it is not running.Alex

Holy Moly, that's looks impressive! Raildriver.com's brand new trainsim controler, IR tracker, hardware radio stack displays, project magneta: all to the back of the bus on my wish list now. Because this thing would work full time with every simulation I'm running now or the future, from Panzer Elite to Gran Prix Legends. And considering postage it costs no more then Edimensional's very noisey chair. Thanks for the heads up!== WHK ==