Sign in to follow this  
Guest Liam

POSKY 747 with PSS panel

Guest gooper

Hi all, i want to make the best possible aircraft using the above combination. can anyone tell me what changes I have to make to get the best possible 747 as far as a fully functioning FMC, flight dynamics,etc. do i need to use the PSS airfile to get rid of thew annoying oscillating engines that seem to affect certain plane/panel combinations? appreciate all comments.

Guest Liam

Hey,I have merged both the POSKY V3 and Meljet 744s with the PSS panel.With the POSKY I tried two ways of doing it:Number 1:I just dropped the PSS panel and sounds into the POSKY file. So I had a PSS panel and sounds, POSKY visual, aircraft.cfg and airfile.Result, it flew the same as it did before....not a bad thing!Number 2:I done some tweaking by renaming the PSS air file to read the same as the POSKY one and changed the aircraft.cfg file to read the same. Dropped the PSS air file, panel and sounds in with the POSKY stuff.Result, it flew the same way!Number 3 (Meljet):Ok this is for the Meljet. You have to use the PSS air file with this one for it to work correctly. If you go to Meljets web site at the bottom of the 747 download page there is a new aircraft.cfg file to allow you to do this.All you do is download that file, slap it into the meljet folder, throw in the PSS airfile, panel and sounds.Result one very nice aircraft that flies identical to the aboveDO NOT however just put the PSS panel in with the Meljet......damn it climbs like a jet fighter, and keeps doing so when fully laden with fuel to about FL400.....totally unrealistic.IMHO Meljet visual much nicer especially freighter with its opening nose, and side cargo doors.Enjoy and hope this helped Liam

Liam, Were you able to get the load manager working with either aircraft?

Guest Liam

Hi ya,As long as you are using the PSS air file the load manager will work fine. An alternative if using the POSKY airfile is going into the aircraft.cfg file and manually enternig the data yourself to get the desired zero fuel weight.As a rule of thumb when I do this I use the following calculations:Weight per sinlge passenger = 170 lbsWeight per baggaege single pax = 75 lbsWeight per hand luggage single pax = 15 lbsWeight all up crew = 2000 lbs (full compliment)Times by as many pax as you want add an ammount for cargo, not forgetting the crew ( :-) ) and hey presto.Hope this helpsLiam