Sign in to follow this  

FSMaintanece users please help

Guest danowat

Hi,Is there a way I can decrease the amount of G-limit penalties I get, it seems that I only have to go through some turbulance and I get loads of them, which usually results in a broken fuel tank.ThanksDan.

Yes, I recently took a 30 minutes flight through some bumpy air in my 172 and my plane was trashed! I never reached my destination - a forced landing in a field after elevator failure :-eek was the only option. Thank God for pitch trim and flaps...

This unfortunately is the reason I never purchased this program after the initial evaluation. I use FS Real World Weather and almost always get some kind of turbulence during the flight, and my plane kept falling apart. Ken

hiHave you set it to the lowest level.you could try that,i've got mine set to medium and my aircraft fall apart anytime i encounter a tiny bit of turbulance. best wishes steve

Guest Jozef_K

You have to edit the file blackbox.cfg, which is in the directory LagoFsMaint (in your FS2002 dir). First make a backup of that file and then edit the values for check5 (turbulence) and/or the values for check2 (g-load). As they are commented in the file, it is not difficult to calculate a value that is more to your liking.Jozef http://www.dse.nl/~joker32/pictures/signature.jpg

Guest danowat

Hi All,Thanks for all of your suggestions, I will try them.CheersDan.

>fs maintnance and turbulances don't work together... >turbulances have to be off as far as i know, unless >something changed, but i don't think so.. That is not true. There is an issue between FSMaintenance and FSUIPC that cause a problem but that is well documented in the manual and solved with the help of Pete Dowson.There is however a second issue here. We measure the actual G-load on the aircraft and those can be VERY strong in Fs2002. Even moderate turbulence can create G-loads as high as 3G. For a small aircraft being under this kind of stress is not advisable and bad for the systems. G-load is one of most damaging effects on any aircraft system.Most FS2002 pilots don't spend much attention to turbulence as using the AP you hardly notice it. They hardly ever try to find altitudes with less turbulence or avoid regions with turbulence as any real pilot would do (certainly if he was carrying pax). During the beta tests we logged several flight flown under severe turbulence with Gloads up to 5G (!) while the pilots reported nothing special during the flights. 5G in an airliner is a MAJOR event. The aircraft will not be be crushed but all overhead lockers would be open and spilling their content. It will hurt and even kill passengers not in their seats. And still the test pilots reported a standard, bit bumpy flight. We tuned down our logging of turbulence to unrealistic levels to suit this attitude towards turbulence. Personally I taught me a lot about flying FS2002. I now go out of my way to get out of moderate turbulence. So do most VA's that use FSMaintenance as a tool now. Some of them have gone back to realistic levels and it took them so time to adapt. But if you see how smooth they now fly you see the advantage.But if the standard settings of FSMaintenance are too stiff for your style (for example if you fly bush strips etc) you can tune the product to your own style. If needed, ignoring turbulence. We have been helping people tune their files since the launch of this product and I do not believe we have seen any problem we have not been able to fix, certainly not in such a well traveled area as the dealing with turbulence. Feel free to ask for more information in our forums where this is a 'standard topic'.Mathijs KokLAGO