Sign in to follow this  
JimD737

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL ...... Santa's on his way (Pics)

Apologies again to our esteemed Moderator. - I'm hoping you will allow me a little latitude (again) as it's Christmas. Good will to all men and all that, grovel, grovel..........aaaaaaahhhhh :-hanghttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e071a4614dade9c.jpghttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e071a9115ceaed8.jpghttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e071ac016d7c833.jpghttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e071ae517cb9f1a.jpghttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e071b09186143ea.jpghttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e071b2718e0028b.jpghttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e071b4e19708725.jpgOne final word. Thanks to everyone for making this forum such an interesting, civilised and entertaining place for me to visit each day over the past year. Very best wishes to everyone for 2003!Cheers! :-beerchugMike :-wave

Guest Toni Rauch

Seasons Greetings to you and yours too Mike!Great pictures - nice model also. Does it have a VC or wing views? ;) Have a great Christmas, everyone.Toni. :-beerchug

Guest CapnCol

Thats brilliant. Now I have proof (for the kids that is!!) that Santa is on his way.Merry Christmas.Colin

Unfortunatley, Santa was put in a hold by ATC over PVD VOR due to heavy traffic into the NY area. Santa running low on reindeer food, declared an emergency and diverted to Hartford, CT. While waiting at the local FBO for more reindeer food, Santa did a walk around of the sleigh. The left skid showed a minor crack near the back. Due to FAA AD 02-934, Santa had to ground the sleigh until a new skid could be placed on it. Not to worry though kids as the local maintence dept. fixed the skid no problems. However, unknown to Santa at the time, when the reindeer food was brought in, it was contaminated with hay! After the reindeer finished eating, Santa taxied out for takeoff. As Santa and the reindeer where on their takeoff run, Santa pulled back on the reigns and tried to rotate. Well, due to all the hay, the reindeers bellies were too bloated with gas. Unable to takeoff, Santa nearing the end of the runway hit the brakes and brought all the reindeer and his sleigh safely to a stop just past the threshold of the runway with no injuries. Santa, besides himself at this point brought the reindeer back to the FBO to await the reindeer's "fuel dump valves" to open. Santa meanwhile broke out some of his "special" eggnog to pass the time. Santa was not off to a good night......Yes in case your wondering, I do have to much time on my hands.Merry Xmas.

Eric 

Mike,How can I get that Santa and flying Sleigh.Merry Christmas

Guest crashing_pilot

You too mike!!!!!!and to all the folks at avsim,with avsim,hating avsim,liking avsim,loving avsim:MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A REALLY REALLY GOOD 2003 FOR YOU AND THE ONES YOU LOVE!!!!!!!!

I never knew,(until now),that Sandy Claws was a musher!HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all and to all a GOODNIGHT!

Guest Lindy

I think Santa and his sled are in the Library.-Lindy :-wave Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year too.

I gotta tell you, Mike - those are some strange looking raindeer!Merry Christmas to you and yours.Dewey

The file is called 'dogs.zip' by Odog/ Joe Binka and is available in the avsim library (released just a couple of days ago). Their model was based on a very secret new transportation vehicle that has been undergoing development for the past 100 years.Howwwevvver, to make it fly you do need some of Santa's magic dust. ;) You will note the apparent absence of presents on his sled this year. Instead, he is using the newly developed Beta release of the Lapland 'Xmaspressie Tree'. This miraculous invention works by shedding appropriate gifts down the chimneys of the homes of all the lucky girls and boys who took the trouble to write to Santa before Christmas Eve. Santa simply hovers momentarily over each house and throws a switch to start a little vibrating motor. This shakes the tree for a few seconds causing presents to fall from its branches into the hanging stockings of the sleeping children below. This is much more efficient and allows Santa to travel much greater distances in a fraction of the time it took to finish his deliveries in previous years.This also explains why his reindeer have been excused this year's Christmas run. Santa only needs a sled to carry the tree and, being much lighter, only a few huskies are needed to pull it.Footnote:These images were captured recently as Santa took off from KABQ to start his return trip to Lapland. A few of his higher elves have been collaborating closely with technicians and scientists at Sandia Labs to produce certain secret refinements to the flight model of Santa's sled. The 'magic dust' was an unexpected spinoff from a strange device called "Z". This dust has very special magical properties but only works for a few hours at a certain time of the year.I am reliably informed that preparations for his great Christmas flight are now complete and he is scheduled to take off punctually at 10pm GMT on Christmas Eve.......TODAY!!!!!!! Wooopeeee!! I hope this brief explanation helps to fill in some of the gaps.All the very best!Mike :-wave

Hi Eric,Don't worry, all is well. See my post #9 with up-to-date news.Merry Christmas!Mike :-wave

This is GREAT! I tried taking off from Meigs (64kts) at the end of the runway with full up elevator and it never climbed out. Tried at KLAX and got up to 82kts and never climbed. Will it only fly when another plane is airborne and then switch to the Dogs? See the photo at KLAX.

Ya My Dogs seem to be draggin tail as well.Any suggestions!!!!