Sign in to follow this  
Guest frankcubillos

GMAX vs FSDS2 as AI

Guest 727Fan

Anybody know the difference between FSDS2 and GMAX? Specifically how they display as AI traffic? I know of the "floating" airplane effect of earlier FSDS designs in FS2K2 so I don't use them as AI traffic. But can FSDS2 aircraft display a landing gear?Thanks!Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all here who celebrate the Christian event!Rick

FSDS 2 planes do show gear as AI, they also seem to be a bit better on frames.... depending on the textures.Brian

>FSDS 2 planes do show gear as AI, they also seem to be a bit >better on frames.... depending on the textures. >>Brian Now when you observed this, were two 3D models created by the same person striving to keep the poly count the same? IMHO, although it is your opinion, there are some missing items on how you drew your conclusion. I am just being subjective here, so don't take my reply as harsh. Everyone has an opinion on gains on frame rate but how much of it is actually a placebo effect? Julian

What I have noticed is a slight, diference between a FSDS 2 model and a GMax one. Models with similar complexity, the fsds 2 one will be a bit smoother (at least on my system) Also the number and size of the textures has alot to do with this. a model like the POSKY 767-200 (I'm not picking on POSKY, just using it as an example) That is a fairly complex GMax model but has a seperate high res texture for virtualy every part will have an effect on frame rates. While a similarly made model with fewer seperate textures will have better performance due to less memory being used for the textures. Like you said I have stated my own opinion and there aren't alot of FSDS 2 models out yet but give it a few months and there will be more out there and a better comparison can be madeBrian

Guest frankcubillos

It's rumored that FS04 will be all GMAX, it's just a rumor. :-wave---Banners? We don't need no stinkin' banners!---Visualize PAI sig banner here.