Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Ultralight confusion

Well, now I am really confused......again.We now have the WEBINBLUE Sportster Ultralight and the Lago Ultralight package to choose from. Anyone have any comments on these two packages?Thanx,

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

I don't have either of those two, but you might want to check out a few freeware ultralights: Bison Ultralight Trike, Byron's Ultralight, and Mitchel Wing Ultralight. I couldn't find the Mitchel Wing here at Avsim ... you might find it at Flightsim.com.

i just bought Lago's ultralights about 2 days ago and you get a whole pile of different ones, from glider wings, to powered parachutes and trikes and a cool module that allows you to actually jump off of mountains and buildings, very cool. all are in GMAX and are great in the VC mode, tons of fun - they only cost about $15 US dollars as compared to the webinblue they charge $20 for 2 ultralights? or is it one with several variations. your far better i think with Lagociao!Brian S

Ciao!

Brian,Would it be possible to post a few sample shots in the screenshots forum, especially from V/C mode? Lago's looks like a great package, and so does the one mentioned today--problem is one ultralight vs. the quantity Lago is offering couldn't be worse timing. Lago's package looks like one of the best priced A/C packages I've seen in a long while.I am curious though. Lago makes mention of a dll it drops into the modules folder which enables the aircraft. Any negative impacts FS?-John

well no fps drop here but im running a fairly hefty machineamd athlon 2gig with 512meg DDR on mobobut i only have a Geforce2 GTS 32meg vid card and i get very smooth results with all a/c.i'll see what i can do about the screen shots, might be a while, like after Christmas before i have time now, my folks are coming in tommorroww, soooo.. time has run out, but i'll try to put some up maybe this thur or fri or sat.most a/c that you fly wont even have anything at all in VC mode, like parachutes and stuff, there are a fewciao!Brian S

Ciao!

I got the Lago Ultralights on Friday night, and ran all of them a lot over the weekend. The "Jump Launch" module is lots of fun to use, and I didn't notice any FPS difference.I'd say go for the Lago package over the two-ultralight pack... Lago gives you eleven craft - a bunch of trikes & ultralights on wheels and floats, a paraglider (powered & unpowered) and a hang-glider for 15 euro. The other group's two ultralights for 20 euro looks a bit overpriced...If I could figure out how to post stuff, I'd dump a couple of screenshots here. Dodging skyscrapers in New York in the hang-glider after launching from the top of the Empire State Building is good fun! (it would probably get you shot in real life, though...)No affiliation with Lago beyond happy-customer status,Brian.

>I am curious though. Lago makes mention of a dll it drops >into the modules folder which enables the aircraft. Any >negative impacts FS? No, none what so ever, even if it would be loaded 100 times you still would not see any other impact then and additional use of memory. All our modules are dorment when the correct conditions are not met, in this case, dorment when a non LAGO Ultralight aircraft is loaded and when the airspeed or AGL altitude are not zero. Checking for these things takes time, but I garantee you that you will never see it. The framerate test we do last 2 hours. At an average 20 fps that means something like 150.000 frames. If there would be effect you would see it in those numbers, but we simply don't see it. Do not be afraid for DLL's that only do something when asked. If you install all of our products you will end up with something like 20 additional DLL's. But even so, during our monthly framerate test we still are not able to see the difference between the 'clean machine' and 'fully loaded' machine. Even stranger, although the two machines are 100% identical the loaded one is faster. That's not because of our software btw:-) It would be easy for us to create a product that would eat all your frames. But we intend our Ultralights to be flown over high dense mesh and high resolution scenery. It's a visual experience in these aircraft. So being extremely light on framerate was the one of the main design criteria.The module for this products is not dropped in the modules folder btw. it's stored in one of our own folders ([fsmaindir]LAGOUltralights). We always try to keep your default directories as clean as possible (for example we do not store gauges in the main gaueg dir, sounds not in the main sound folder). We do have to have one interface DLL in the modules dir as that is the only place where it is loaded from. Mathijs KokLAGO

>Lago gives you eleven craft 10 different models (not 11), 22 variations in total.Send me the screenshots and I'll be happy to post them for you!Mathijs@lagoonline.com

Thank you for the answer--I really enjoy your participation in this thread and the helpful answers...Regards and Happy Holidays..!-JohnP.S. One request for the Quicksilver....would love to see an update with "wheelpants" Saw one of those overfly my home recently, and it really makes the Quicksilver look quite nice.... Altogether a great package, and one I'll be registering shortly. Congrats and thanks for recognizing this genre of aircraft!

>Thank you for the answer--I really enjoy your participation >in this thread and the helpful answers... >>Regards and Happy Holidays..! >>-John >>P.S. One request for the Quicksilver....would love to see >an update with "wheelpants" Saw one of those overfly my >home recently, and it really makes the Quicksilver look >quite nice.... Altogether a great package, and one I'll be >registering shortly. Congrats and thanks for recognizing >this genre of aircraft! Okay, with wheelpants your mean those streamline thingies (note my technical English) on the wheels right?I'll see if I can find some material.Mathijs KokLAGO