Sign in to follow this  
Guest P3_Super_Bee

project AI ??

hi all , how can i replace fspainter's AI aircraft with the defaut AI of project AI without problems?i have many liveries in the a320 directori for exemple but must i download all diferent liveries for fspainter a320 to replace all older project Ai a320??i think this addon is a good stuff but again 1 time, it's a lot difficult to understand which files we need to download .....

Your questions are a little confusing. If you have installed Project AI installers then check the A320 file to see if it contains textures for the airlines of interest. If so, then you need to use TTools, AITM, and/or yRoute to decompile the traffic.bgl file so you can substitute the aircraft you want for that airline. If not, you will need to download the particular Project AI installer, do a manual install so it output the aircraft textures that you can move to the PAI-320 folder.Just a note, FSPainter is providing some of the Project AI aircraft. I don't know if the A320 is FSPainter or not. One way to check would be to put a Project AI texture folder in an FSPainter aircraft folder, set it up in the aircraft.cfg file, then select it to see if the textures work.

Guest P3_Super_Bee

I'm going to use the A320 since this is aircraft you mentioned, but will work for any aircraft.Please as with all my or anyones suggestions, make backups before starting these mods. You want to replace the PAI A320 aircraft with the FSP aircraft right?The Easiest way without having to mess with the traffic.bgl, aircraft.txt, flightplan.txt files. I believe would be this way:I'll use Britsh Airways as the example, but will work with any airline.1. Open the Project AI A320 folder in the aircraft folder:MS2002/aircraft/PAI A3202. Then open the BA texture file, (most likely labeled texture.baw)3. Delete the texture files.4. Insert the FSP texture files. 5. Now in the FSP aircraft folder rename the model folder: model.fsp6. Copy and paste the model.fsp folder into the PAI A320 folder.7. Now you should have 2 model folders 1 labeled model and another labeled model.fsp.8. Now open the aircraft.cfg file in the PAI A320 folder.9. find the entry that deal with BA should look like this:[fltsim.10] ///THIS number maybe differenttitle=PAI A320 BAWsim=pai320v2model=fsp ///add the fsp extension as I didpanel=sound=texture=BAWkb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=atc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_airline=SPEED BIRDatc_heavy=0atc_flight_number=0001ui_manufacturer=Project AI /// You can also change this to FSPui_type=Airbus A320ui_variation=British Airwaysdescription=Project Ai A320 Only for use with Ai Traffic! //you can also change this to FSPainter A320.10. If you also want to use the FSP airfile copy and paste it also into the PAI A320 folder and change this line to the name of the FSP airfile:sim=fspa320 ///don't know if this is correct name or not haven't swapped over this aircraft yet myself.I left the PAI model folder/airfile in place in case there is an airline paint not available in FSP but there is one for PAI.Check with the PAI fourms for which aircraft in the "offical" PAI releases contain FSPainter aircraft.Jeff "Ace" FreyEwa Beach, Hawaii