Sign in to follow this  
michal

German Airports - crashing

I have German airports 1 & 3. My #1 is edition 2001 which was updated with the latest FS2002 patch (update FS2002_2). Stuttgart and Dresden seem to be fine but for example Munich and Nurymberg are crashing FS2002 - I get this error screen and FS restarts .. I tried everything including flying into those airports from nearby airports, starting at them, manipulating scenery settings - to no avail. I see Munich terminals far away but when I approach any closer .. it bombs.When I start at them and scenery textures load to exactly 16% - my HD starts working like crazy ....I tried other big airports like Hamburg or Dusseldorf from edition #3 and did not encounter any problems.Any ideas ?Michael J.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest UweR

Hi Michael, how did you install the patch? Don

Uwe,I completely uninstalled GA1 and installed (carefully !) again. Exactly the same problem. Michael J.

Guest oyvindhansen

This may or may not be helpful, but whenever fs crashes on me I delete fs2002.cfg. This will help you getting rid of rogue configuration settings at the cost of having to reconfigure fs, which should be done in a two minutes. - Oyvind

Guest Mike94

Michael,i have exactly the same problem like you!You know what? I have the problem since i installed the PSS Dash8. I used GA1 with the Munich and Nuremberg airports many times before without any problems, but since i installed the Dash8 i have the same problem like you, FS2002 is crashing when it loads the scenery textures of Munich or Nuremberg.Do you have the PSS Dash-8 too?? Would be interesting to see if it has something to do with it... although i dont understand...Cheers from germany,Michael

Guest Mike94

Hi Michael,so it doesnt seem to be caused by the Dash8, good to know!I know that the airports in question definately worked not so long ago. BTW., i dont have the patched GA1 airports, i have the newer Version which doesnt need to be patched for FS2002. And i have the same problem like you, so it has nothing to do with the patch you used.Please keep me posted if you found out something to cure this problem.Merry Christmas!Michael

Guest Mike94

... i decided to completely uninstall GA1 via Settings/Software, and reinstalled it after rebooting the computer.Everything works now.Strange, i have no idea what was causing the problem....Cheers,Michael