Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Request for Information

Hi all,The following was asked of me recently, but since I haven't downloaded that much, nor do I do a lot of "flying" could I help. If anyone out there will answer his requests, I'll forward them on to him. Would appreciate it. BTW, currently redoing my KSMF. Maybe will have it done in a month or so. Happy Holidays!> Now, the other reason for me emailing you today is that I would like your> "professional" opinion on where I can obtain the best scenery or landclass> zips for the NorthEast and MidAtlantic states. I am a "real" pilot,working> on my "instrument rating", and need the program to be at its most accurate> so I can fly enroute, and approaches to my airports in this region. Also,> if you can suggest any airport scenery enhancements, lights etc., even> someone who does trees and buildings.You could also e-mail me your replies to pageruthcline@msn.comThanks

Whew! A tall task!! I've just one question. If the person is doing his instrument rating, what use is the outside scenery?Generally, when I was acquiring high end flight simulator's, if what they wanted was an instrument trainer, then the cockpit windows were blacked out, vis-a-vis no scenery just accurate cockpit instrumentation and accurate NAVAID representation to the flight instruments.I can recommend Shehryar Ansari's KDCA (dca2002.zip) scenery for scenery accuracy but I don't know if it provides accurate instrument approaches.

>Whew! A tall task!! I've just one question. If the person >is doing his instrument rating, what use is the outside >scenery? >I can think of two reasons------In the area where I fly, it's mostly mountainous. If the proper terrain elevations are not there, then the risk certainly diminishes.Second, it's these "mountain peaks" poking out of the soup, that makes a simulation seem much more real when setting up for instrument approaches. There is much more sense of impending danger if it isn't done correctly, than a simple blacked-out cockpit window!Let's face it, most high end instrument sims just don't have the "graphic" capability of FS2002!!L.Adamson

"Let's face it, most high end instrument sims just don't have the "graphic" capability of FS2002!!":-lolAnd a lot of the visual capable sims don't necessarily have the best scenery capabilities either and that's the truth!!!:-lolPaying E&S or Miles for those databases is a killa!!!