Sign in to follow this  
Cpudan80

Rudder / Yoke Problem

Hello Everyone! I need your help (again :)) My CH Products USB Yoke LE and my CH Products USB rudder pedals keep "sleeping." Sometimes, when I start Flight Sim, the two pieces of hardware aren't working. To get them to work I have to unplug them from the computer and plug them back in. I think I am having the same problem as Ulisses is having in the post located here. Those who posted mention things about a "via" chipset, how can I find out what chipset I have? My system is an Intel Pentium III 850, with Win XP pro installed. I have already tried messing with the hardware's power off features but they don't seem to work. Thanks for your help again! Let me know if you need more system info!Cpudan80 :) :+

Hi "Cpudan80"Usually you have an energy saving option on the USB devices. I would check your SYstem manager to see if they turn themselves off after some time! I have the same equipment as you but never had the problem myself so I'm afraid I can't tell you where to look specifically. But I've heard about others having the same problem and the "sleeping" option was the bad guy... :-)Hope it helps

Thanks for the help Mats J! Turns out that the computer was givning me USB ports some wierd power save features, I disabled them, we shall see how it goes....Dan :) :+

Guest nitram

Check how many other USB devices you have. USB has a LIMITED amount of power to share. I find that if I plug my Webcam in (even though it is off) it takes current away from my controls. I always unplug it and I have had no problems for over a year.Regards Nitram UK

Thanks for the reply! I found out that the power save thing didn't fix my problems :(. I should mention that I use both controllers on a hub. I know CH says not to do this but I really have no choice, I don't have enough USB ports on the computer to go round. Any other fix it ideas? Thanks for the help so far!Dan